Starting P90X3 on Monday! Anyone else in?

Options
Hello! I am going to be starting P90X3 on Monday March 3rd. Is anyone else just starting with it and want to help with motivation?

Replies

• derrmott
    derrmott Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes! I want in. I tried to start up a couple of months ago but got hit with a pretty nasty cold. Having someone else to do it with will help me stay motivated!
  • gingerrunning1980
    gingerrunning1980 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I just started last Monday and love it so far. I am doing the Lean calendar :-) What calendar are you planning to do? Best of luck to you both and I'll work along with you!! You can do ANYTHING for 30 minutes, right?
  • derrmott
    derrmott Posts: 2
    Options
    I'll be doing the lean calendar as well. It seems like the least intense calendar.
  • AllieRoyerA
    AllieRoyerA Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am doing P90x3 as well, I am doing the doubles schedule, I am in the end of week 5! I know it can be hard to stay motivated! Stick with it - It is worth it :)

I am on here daily and post all workouts :)

Allie :)
  • amina_a10
    amina_a10 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I started today, feel free to friend me for support. **I have a beachbody coach and am not interested in joining any challenge groups on FB :flowerforyou: **
  • FitWendi
    FitWendi Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I started last week and I am doing the Classic calendar. Love it.!!
  • Sundogoh
    Sundogoh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am starting this week but I won't be exactly be following the schedule. I am planning on doing P90X3 3 days a week and running 5 days a week.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I start block 2 tomorrow if classic version. U can add me for motivation:)
  • Casree1
    Casree1 Posts: 3
    Options
    I started this morning too. I'm with you. It's tough, but doable, I think. My little girl was right with me (She's 9) and she did better than me. She's a little chubs, but strong. Is there a method for getting the calorie points for the p90x3 workouts. I think I did synergistics today?
  • tcardena
    tcardena Posts: 17
    Options
    I started it on Saturday and am enjoying it so far. Day 4 tomorrow!
  • Bobs123456
    Options
    I start block 2 tomorrow if classic version. U can add me for motivation:)

From your profile I see you did p90x and p90x2 already. What did they take out of p90x3 to get it down to 30 minutes?
  • Kdunbar77
    Kdunbar77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started this morning, and can definitely use help with motivation! That was tough. I'm doing the classic
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I'm at the end of week 5 in the classic schedule. Feel free to add me.
  • michael_j_w
    Options
    im staring block 2, loving the program so far! Feel free to add!
  • markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    In last week of block 2, classic schedule. Really enjoying it - feel free to add me!
  • tcardena
    Options
    Just finished CVX. I'm having fun with these workouts. Here's to keeping up the enthusiasm!
  • Mandi_Nichole85
    Options
    I just ordered this yesterday! Im excited to start this one!
  • Bobs123456
    Options
    Im in week 5. Just did first eccentric lower. Had a lot of trouble balancing with 1 leg squats, deep lunge, leg on chair lunge. Not sure i got a great workout. Next time im think of taking two folding chairs on either side and use for balance so i can get deeper. Ill try to ween myself off it by touching. Balance is real bad on my non dominant side.

Anyone else have thos issue? I have had issies figuring out balance and coordination on other ones , but this was really tricky.

Anyone doing ab ripper? Anyone see a plan that says which days are good to add it in? Its not in the doubles routine?

As an fyi... Going all 7 days is good. Dynamix is not real tiring and the range of motion exercises make me feel better. There is one side plank that is hard. The rest are not that tiring.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Im in week 5. Just did first eccentric lower. Had a lot of trouble balancing with 1 leg squats, deep lunge, leg on chair lunge. Not sure i got a great workout. Next time im think of taking two folding chairs on either side and use for balance so i can get deeper. Ill try to ween myself off it by touching. Balance is real bad on my non dominant side.

Anyone else have thos issue? I have had issies figuring out balance and coordination on other ones , but this was really tricky.

Anyone doing ab ripper? Anyone see a plan that says which days are good to add it in? Its not in the doubles routine?

As an fyi... Going all 7 days is good. Dynamix is not real tiring and the range of motion exercises make me feel better. There is one side plank that is hard. The rest are not that tiring.
    I didn't have too many balance issues with that one, I thought it was a decent workout since I was pretty sore the next day. I had a few troubles with balance when I first started, but I got better at it. I also started off the program wearing running shoes that had a lot of cushion, after Tony kept yelling at me I switched to more of a minimalist cross trainer and I think that helped a bit.

I don't have ab ripper, it's an extra and I figured I'd make due with the disks I have. I think the classic schedule is lacking some core work though, pilates and Isometrix are good but you only do those in the transition weeks. Maybe I'll try to work them in if I have any energy left.

I find myself skipping Dynamix a lot since I'm usually gone on the weekends and I want to get a good workout in when I can. Sometimes I just combine it with another workout if I have energy.
  • tcardena
    Options
    I know we all start P90X3 at different times, but just a heads up to any new people that are just starting, follow a blog of someone that has already started and/or completed the program. There are a bunch of great blogs out there, just google them. This really helped me stay motivated when I finished Insanity. I'm new to the blogging world, but I have started a blog to help keep myself motivated and to help any other people that are just starting, http://myjourneymyprogress.blogspot.com/ . It's definitely keeping me engaged.

Good luck everyone.