I have...

Options
I have this machine called an advance fit and you stand on it for ten mins a day. (It shakes your body.)
What would I put this in as excercise???

Replies

• patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hmmm sounds interesting...

You mean to tell me they don't have a listing for body shaking machine thingy on here...Well doesn't that bite
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    I'm not sure what you would want to put it under.

Or if you would put it in at all? Just by standing on it, I doubt your burning any substantial amount of calories.

You are probably better off just going for a run for ten minutes if you are able, or a walk.

Just my .02$!
  • angiemcgovern
    angiemcgovern Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Are you doing the training exercises or just standing there?

http://www.advancefit.com/training.aspx

I can't imagine just standing there will have a very good calorie burn.
  • Liivii
    Liivii Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to boost metabolism and stuff. I really don't know. I just add it in with the rest of my workout :P.
    Pilates is the main one I focus on.
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    It's supposed to boost metabolism and stuff. I really don't know. I just add it in with the rest of my workout :P.

Not trying to be mean.. just trying to be helpful.

I wouldn't even bother doing it any longer. Do your other workouts and focus on them. If you aren't doing any work, chances are you aren't burning any calories.
  • Allison9
    Options
    I manage a tanning salon and we have a red light therapy room that has the same kind of thing you are talking about at the bottom. For this, we do not promote any kind of workout. I was explained that it was ment to help reduce cellulite and tone muscles.

Reguardless what you use it for, this thing feels amazing on my back. Its like getting a massage standing up....
  • Liivii
    Options
    Ooh i'd love to! Haha it makes me nauseous anyway.
    Is Yoga and pilates combined a good work out.
    I also use an excerscise ball for stretches.
  • Uptopargolf
    Options

Those are both great. However you'll probably want to add in some cardio, and even some strength training if you can. Your main goal should be to lose fat, not fat and muscle. So adding in a strength program will greatly reduce your chance of burning off muscle.
  • Blueeyes1117
    Blueeyes1117 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Does the machine work really well? How much have you lost since you started using it? I seen one before so just curious!
  • Liivii
    Options
    What I need is a good routine. I know running is great for you too however I'm pretty asthmatic and it's never to pretty. I do have a treadmill and weights as well.
  • Liivii
    Options
    I feel it just tones more then anything I don't think I have lost any weight from it alone.
  • grlaurie
    grlaurie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was at a fittness shop yesterday to replace my treadmill (it is wore OUt Woot woot) anyway they had the machine that she is talking about there and they wanted to give me a brochere and talk about it. I asked if they really believed it would do any good as my belief is you get out of it from the effort you put in and no effort is required at all. They said they did believe that it helps. It was designed for the astronauts and they did believe that it would help not be the answer but help? Anyway it cost 1200.00 for that price I smiled and said it better do more than help :). If it works let me know...
  • LanakilaGirl
    LanakilaGirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Not trying to be mean.. just trying to be helpful.

I wouldn't even bother doing it any longer. Do your other workouts and focus on them. If you aren't doing any work, chances are you aren't burning any calories.

I agree, I'm thinkin it's more of a waste of time than anything else. I don't really have time in my day to waste and I'm assuming you don't either. Me, personally, I like to sweat and know that I'm making the best of every minute. I do love pilates, do more of that.
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    Just did a little research on this thing.. Since I was curious.

What I have read;

It does work. IF, you lift weights and do the exercises provided on there website. Not just stand on it, and get a nice massage. Real results require real work!
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    What I need is a good routine. I know running is great for you too however I'm pretty asthmatic and it's never to pretty. I do have a treadmill and weights as well.

Ok, so how about you walk instead of run? Since you have a treadmill you won't even have to leave your house to do it.

I would try to do cardio 3 or 4 days a week, and lift 3 days a week. Break the body into separate parts and work on them different days. Allowing your muscles time to recover.

Example;

Monday - 30 minute walk
    Tuesday - Shoulders and arms
    Wednesday - 30 minute walk
    Thursday - Chest and back
    Friday - 45 minute walk
    Saturday - Legs

Just an idea of course.
  • Liivii
    Options
    thank you!!!
    I will try that.
    Anything to get to my goal!
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    thank you!!!
    I will try that.
    Anything to get to my goal!

Good luck! You'll do great. Keep us updated.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    not sure, is there an entry for snakeoil :wink: :laugh:
  • Liivii
    Options
    Thanks, i will :)
  • annekebraithwaite
    Options

Yoga and Pilates are great for strength training but it's always important to do cardio as well. Getting your heart rate up for a substantial amouth of time is the only way to really burn fat!