Anti-Depressent effect?

Options
I have been on Celexa for the last 3 years and am starting to be weaned off of it finally, does anyone know if an anti-depressant can effect weight gain? Will it be easier to lose the weight I have gained when I am totally off this medication?

Replies

• cinnamonkitty
    Options
    Yes, anti-depressants will make you gain weight. Will being off of it help you lose weight? Maybe. To lose weight we must eat fewer calories, being off the celexa may make this easier to do but unfortunately it's just not magic. You have to work hard to lose the weight but it will come off. Good luck!
  • stafoste
    stafoste Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • sloane70
    sloane70 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Also, you might want to keep a tight rein on your food logging. A few times I've had friends say that they did a lot more unhealthy snacking while coming off of anti-depressants; making sure that you have easy healthy choices and no junk food around to tempt you may be a good preventative measure in case you get the munchies a lot.

I've both gained & lost weight while on antidepressants. Staying consistent with your logging & exercise will help you go the direction that you want to go :)