Best exercise program for me?

Options
I was hoping I could get some insight into the best exercise program for me. I'm not sure where to start.

I'm 5'4" and 146 pounds. I want to lose 20 pounds and have a toned look to my body. In the past (a year ago), I have completed the 30 day shred, ripped in 30, and I almost completed the insanity program. I haven't worked out in a few months, so I want to sorta ease back into everything. Also, I have a limited amount of time since I study full time and work part time.

Do you guys have any recommendations as to what program I should try? I don't like anything too dance-y since I find I can never keep up with the moves.

Replies

• OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Combat is good, p90x 1,2,or 3. They aren't too dancy. Due to my ethics I will not tell you my wife is a coach for thatcompany and you should buy from her. That is dirty pool. Find something that appeals to you, that is usually best. The best path to take, is the one that is right in front of you. I am sorry I am short on witty quips and one liners that spark inspirado,
  • sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy T25! I too am quite busy with school and two jobs, but I've managed to start forcing myself out of bed an extra 30 minutes early to get my workout in and have the rest of the day to focus on everything else. It's definitely less "jumpy" than insanity and has modified versions of all the exercises that you can use as you ease back into it :)
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I would follow Stronglifts 5x5. It eases you into working out and you'll like how your body looks.:smile:
  • beeker521
    Options
    I love T25! Its so great if you are crunched on time. I'm on my second week of beta and only lost 10 pounds but I have lost over 10 inches from around my body. Its great too if you are easing back into working out since they have the modifier. If you've completed Insanity, you should be fine with this. I recently added jogging into my routine and that has helped as well. I've noticed better results jogging and doing T25 in the past week and a half. I feel stronger and have better endurance during the workouts.
    Good luck with whatever you choose to do!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Looking toned might depend on your body type. If you;'re pair or apple shape, it's going to be a lot harder.

I'm pear shaped. I weigh a lot less than you do, but I'm not sure that someone wold look at me and say Hey, she's Toned!
  • tryingtoshed
    tryingtoshed Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm definitely looking into T25, and I think I'll pick that as my next exercise program!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    This is a fabulous kettlebell program!

http://www.leanandlovelyprogram.com/

Im almost done phase 2 ( of 3) and having great results. Its fun and I've kept at it which is most important.

it doesnt matter what you do.. only that you continue to do it regularily.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to recommend a workout, but I do recommend not having a weight goal perse.

take progress photos and measurements. The scale is an *kitten* hole, and you may be "heavier" than you may want, but look AMAZING.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I agree that stronglifts 5x5 is the thing to do. While I'm not doing it now, I've done it before and incorporate aspects of it into my routine. SL will do better than anything else at keeping it simple while giving you real functional strength and teaching you the best parts of lifting. It has everything you should be doing and nothing more: Squats, deadlifts, bench, ohp and bent over rows. You should learn these inside and out because they are a solid, practical foundation.