Help, please?

Options
Hello! I'm new to this whole thing. My name is Andrea, I'm 18. I got high blood pressure, just a little higher than normal, and the doctor told me to lose weight and to exercise, so here I am. I'm doing this because of my health and I think that's the most important thing in the world. And I need some friends to help me and keep me motivated.
I hope you add me to your friend list :wink:

Replies

• ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Make sure you log everything you consume, and follow your mfp calorie budget. Try to workout a little each day, drink lots of water, and you will see results! I've only been doing it for 4 days now and its working for me :)
  • jennifries227
    jennifries227 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    If you haven't already, read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

With high blood pressure make sure you're watching your sodium intake. Sodium can really make it sky rocket. If you need help on anything specific, just ask! Chances are very good that someone here will either know the answer or know how to find it. Good luck!
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Yes my mom just had to lower her blood pressure, and instead of going on some crazy expensive blood pressure pills she just ate very little sodium and within a few weeks she was back to the normal range. You can do it!
  • andreaos22
    andreaos22 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Trank you, i hope it works for me too (:
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision.

Count your calories and eat a modest deficit - - don't undereat. For every person that falls off the wagon after eating like a reasonable human being, there are a hundred who knuckled down to deficits of a thousand calories or more, thinking that willpower would trump survival instincts and, magically, skinny would come out the other side.

Exercise a bit; don't try to do too much at once. For every single person who fails because they were moderate, a hundred people fail for going way over the top, making exercise suck, and then deciding it's all too hard and quitting and having a three-layer cake to cheer themselves up.
  • andreaos22
    Options
    Thank you, I'll read it now.
    Yes, now i use the least amount of salt and my blood pressure it's fine so far.
    And i'll start working out soon too
    Thanks in advance
  • andreaos22
    Options
    Thank you!
    Consistency is the key.
  • tammyepaz1
    Options
    Hello Andrea,

Good for you! Myfitnesspal.com is a great resource. Just remember there will be good days and bad days. Smaller portions sizes helps. I have a child's portion plate that helps me stay within the calorie/portions. I don't use it everyday, but when I do, I feel much better. Another tip would be to use the myfitnesspal.com app that is available for your phone. You can scan the barcode for the food that you are planning on eating. since I have been back using myfinesspal.com I have lost over five lbs. in for or five weeks. It might not seem like a lot, but every pound counts toward the final goal.

You can do this! If you ever want to reach out, please do.

Tammye Paz
  • tammyepaz1
    Options
    I agree with the exercise issues. Take it slow. If there is a Chuze Fitness were you live, I would check it out. This place is awesome and affordable.

Tammye Paz
  • andreaos22
    Options
    Thank you!
    Keeping an eye on what you eat always helps, I already downloaded the app
    Unfortunately there's not a Chuze Fitness where I live but I definitely start looking for a gym.