Can't find a good protein shake

Options
Im working hard on weights and don't think I'm taking in enough protein post workout.

I got great advice on watch for high calories per scoop and stay away from ones with over 3G of sugar,carbs ect while looking for a protein base of 20g

Any suggestion on a great starter powder, ones I'm finding are very high in calories and sugar.

Thanks for the help!!

Replies

• porterorchard
    Options
    I got some very good ones from vitacost.com the brand is ARO. Ont i have is the black series, 20g protein and 3g sugar. I have another from same brand but its the lean series and has 24g protein 3g sugar, and that one tastes like angel food cake!
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    ON Gold Standard Whey.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I like VEGA Tropic Tango Protein Smoothie. It has 15 g of protein in one scoop but you can add it to skim milk. 2 servings of veggies, natural flavours with 90 calories, dairy, gluten & soy free with no sugar added. 0g fat, 2g sugars with 2 grams net carbs. Tastes pretty good even with water.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    ON Gold Standard 100% Whey. The double chocolate flavor is DAMN good.
  • nking404
    nking404 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    On GOLD STANDARD WHEY IS DAMN GOOD!! Cake batter is my fav!! 24 grams of protein and 2 grams of sugar per scoop
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Buy it online if you can. Places like GNC charge more than they should.
  • Fenrissa
    Fenrissa Posts: 116
    Options
    The brand of protein powder I use is Kaizen (I buy the Natural Vanilla Bean flavor) and it has 120 calories per scoop, 24g protein, 3g carbs, 1g fat, and 2g sugar.