Garcinia Cambogia - anyone tried it?

Options
Hey.. just wondering if anyone has used it, and if so did they have success with it? I bought some today and was looking for others experiences with it. Thanks :-)

Replies

• Goldensun2014
    Goldensun2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering the same. Heard some good things about it in regards to appetite control.
  • fe_nyx
    fe_nyx Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My partner is taking it and to be honest, I don't think its making any difference at all.
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I read somewhere that was a scam
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    The only success you'll see is in getting your money back when returning it to the store.
  • sarahsummers12
    sarahsummers12 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Ok.. well I've give it a crack for a month (it's a months worth in the bottle) and I'll let you know if I have any success with it. I did a lot of research and there are a lot of products that claim to have it in there, but very few products contain enough of the garcinia to work apparently. So I got the most pure one I could find that met the recommendations that Dr oz said it needed to work - so we'll see how we go :-)
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but why not eat a balanced diet with a reasonable calorie deficit so you are not starving yourself and don't need to waste money on an appetite suppressant that at most gives you a placebo affect?
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I've used it off/on since I started July 2013. It definitely has helped as an appetite suppressant. I take the Pure brand, twice a day. I do take a three weeks off when I am done with a month supply. I haven't found any bad side effects from it. I ran it by my doctor and she said go ahead. I have not run into a plateau thusfar, which is a first in all my years of dieting. Up to this point, I've been very diligent about my diet and my daily exercise, so I'm not going to say the GC is THE reason for my successful weight loss, but it definitely could have helped me along the way. As long as it's not hurting me, I'm not going to change what I'm doing. I can afford it...it's my money.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,718 Member
    Options
    Several clinical studies don't show it's any better than a placebo. Save your money.

Conclusions.— Garcinia cambogia failed to produce significant weight loss and fat mass loss beyond that observed with placebo.
    http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=188147

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17052970

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11443511

“…Garcinia extracts/HCA can cause short-term weight loss. The magnitude of the effect is small, and the clinical relevance is uncertain.”
    http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jobe/2011/509038/

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Yes...many many MANY people have...there are many many MANY threads about it...search is your friend.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    So I got the most pure one I could find that met the recommendations that Dr oz said it needed to work - so we'll see how we go :-)

You do know Dr. Oz is a complete quack who will sell anything to make a buck. Dude has a new miracle diet every single week. Sorry you got suckered. Magic Pills don't work. Eating right and exercising does.
  • isadora88310
    isadora88310 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am using it right now. I have used it for about a month now. I take it three times a day thirty minutes before meals. So far I have lost four pounds. Does not sound like much however. I am able to wear jeans that I was getting ready to toss out. I feel great. I also go to the gym 3-4 times a week. I walk at least 50 minutes daily. I am planning a two week vacation in September so I would really like to look my best.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,718 Member
    Options
    I am using it right now. I have used it for about a month now. I take it three times a day thirty minutes before meals. So far I have lost four pounds. Does not sound like much however. I am able to wear jeans that I was getting ready to toss out. I feel great. I also go to the gym 3-4 times a week. I walk at least 50 minutes daily. I am planning a two week vacation in September so I would really like to look my best.
    This along with a calorie deficit is why you'd lose weight. NOT because you're just taking a pill. NO PILL works without a calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sweetjanefargo
    sweetjanefargo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My sister in law and I have both tried it. We both got bad heart burn with it. So we stopped taking it.
  • sue_langley
    sue_langley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Try it and let us all know :-)
  • sue_langley
    sue_langley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Try it and let us all know :-)
    I love trying new things I hear about especially if I can return it.
  • sarahsummers12
    Options
    Call me crazy but why not eat a balanced diet with a reasonable calorie deficit so you are not starving yourself and don't need to waste money on an appetite suppressant that at most gives you a placebo affect?
    I do eat a balanced diet with a deficit, but I am also an emotional eater, which the tablets are meant to help with, and I find myself wanting to eat almost constantly, so I figured if it helps with appetite control at all it will just make things easier - I'm not a complete idiot and just thinking that I can take pills and gorge on crap food and look like a superstar...
  • sarahsummers12
    Options
    Awesome - thanks for the feedback :-)
  • sarahsummers12
    Options
    I've used it off/on since I started July 2013. It definitely has helped as an appetite suppressant. I take the Pure brand, twice a day. I do take a three weeks off when I am done with a month supply. I haven't found any bad side effects from it. I ran it by my doctor and she said go ahead. I have not run into a plateau thusfar, which is a first in all my years of dieting. Up to this point, I've been very diligent about my diet and my daily exercise, so I'm not going to say the GC is THE reason for my successful weight loss, but it definitely could have helped me along the way. As long as it's not hurting me, I'm not going to change what I'm doing. I can afford it...it's my money.
    Well that's the main thing I'm looking for in in - appetite suppressant... I am the same - I can afford it so why not try it - if it works - awesome - if not, it's not gonna hurt hey! :-)
  • andersontrio3
    Options
    I have been on it for a month. The only thing it has done for me is give me horrible gas and headaches. Thanks but no thanks. It is a waste of money.