starting over..again.

Options
Hey everyone!

I'm not new to MFP, but this is a new account for me and today marks the first day in my official journey back to where I want to be. I was down to my ideal weight for awhile after a stint on MFP in 2011, and it has slowly crept on (with the help of excessive stress, BCP, and antidepressants) and I'm back at basically my highest weight ever. I'm off all the meds now and after seeing some pictures of myself today..I'm ready to recommit to this. I have about 20-25 lbs to lose (honestly would be happy even losing ANYTHING after being stuck for so long). Just would love to have some support and also be supportive to others. I need a positive environment, but also one that disciplines me! Would love to be friends!

Replies

• tmcleod22553
    Options
    I feel your pain! i have always been able to loose weight when I put my mind to it, but inevitably put it back on after slipping back into bad habits. This time I have come to the realization that if I don't get my weight in check and develop healthy habits (exercise, eating, stress management), my opportunities to do just that might be beyond my reach.

Since coming to this revelation I have enjoyed unqualified success so far in dealing with all 3 problem areas. My weight is coming down, I am on an exercise regiment that is aiding in my weight loss and improving my overall health, and I have been able to eliminate several stressors from my life. It's tough to put a name on the things that get in the way of being the person you want to be, but once you do,it's easier to figure out how to address them.

I'm always looking for for a friend to help keep me motivated and provide an outside view when I'm having trouble seeing things clearly. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • starspeckled
    starspeckled Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm at this point too. I lost 40 pounds with Weight Watchers in 2012, gained almost 30 back since. I know I can do it if I just want to, but it's hard to "want" it when I'm so busy with work and school and the easiest thing to do is grab fast food while I drive! Good luck!
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Stuartw31
    Stuartw31 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi last Monday was my day for never looking back and thanks to the support of new found friends on MFP I have not looked back, and feel for the first time ever that I can really do this, feel free to add me to you list of friends :smile:
  • NOMORESTARTOVERS14
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Not my first time on here either!
  • Artglassguy
    Artglassguy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    more than will admit it are dealing with the same situation.

myself included.

i think that the hard lesson to learn (for some) is that it has to be for yourself alone.
    all other motivating factors aside.
    glad to be sharing the re-dedication to a healthier lifestyle.