Activity .fit files on Garmin Express

Options
dinos
dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
Garmin recently launched a new piece of software called Garmin Express which syncs Garmin devices (including the new Vivofit) to Garmin Connect and replaces the previous ANT+ Agent. So far so good.

The ANT agent would upload the activities to Garmin Connect and would save a .fit file on my PC. Since I started using Garmin Express, I cannot find the activity .fit file on my computer anymore. It seems that the workout is saved exclusively on Garmin Connect which only allows for .tcx/gpx/ Google Earth file exports, but I still need the .fit file. Suggestions anyone?

I know I should be addressing the issue to Garmin, but as I live in a European country, they asked me to contact their local distributor at a phone number nobody cares to answer :grumble:

Replies

• LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    No help here. I plug my Garmin in and the device agent I have is useless.
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You might want to check the website, dcrainmaker.com. This guy writes about all things related to Garmin. Maybe you can find an answer there???
  • arfenarf
    arfenarf Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Garmin recently launched a new piece of software called Garmin Express which syncs Garmin devices (including the new Vivofit) to Garmin Connect and replaces the previous ANT+ Agent. So far so good.

The ANT agent would upload the activities to Garmin Connect and would save a .fit file on my PC. Since I started using Garmin Express, I cannot find the activity .fit file on my computer anymore. It seems that the workout is saved exclusively on Garmin Connect which only allows for .tcx/gpx/ Google Earth file exports, but I still need the .fit file. Suggestions anyone?

I know I should be addressing the issue to Garmin, but as I live in a European country, they asked me to contact their local distributor at a phone number nobody cares to answer :grumble:

Have a look at this thread at the Garmin formums over and see if it has something to offer:

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?75265-Garmin-Express-Where-are-the-*-fit-files-stored
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies :flowerforyou: , I just found the answer :

02/21/2014

The initial release of Garmin Express 3.0 did not back up fitness data from devices that transmit via ANT onto the computer after uploading to Garmin Connect. Activities transferred to Garmin Connect through Garmin Express will now be stored on the computer locally. Garmin Express will need to be updated to the latest version to bring in this functionality.
    Any fitness data synced to Garmin Connect moving forward will now be stored on the computer in these locations:

C:\ProgramData1\Garmin\GarminConnect\DeviceUnitID\Upload
    :happy: :happy: