I have no idea of how to do this! HELP!

Options
Hi guys, I'm so new to this and I'm kind of nervous. I'm starting week 4 of Insanity tomorrow and I need to eat healthier, because that is the hardest part for me, plus I don't even know how to count calories so I'll learn here (hopefully). You can also follow me on Instagram for more motivation: @GymAndFitnessAddict :wink:

Replies

• ftloy
    ftloy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for motivation / accountability buddies, feel free to send me a friend request!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    you will need to weigh and measure your foods - if you don't have a scale you will need one (I got mine cheap for about $12). Also as you explore the data base when entering foods you will become accustomed to how to count your cals. Did you set up your profile and enter your information when you created your account? You will need this in order for MFP to calculate your calorie goals for you. If you are starting insanity make sure you enter your exercise calories - if you need to you will be able to eat some of those back.

As far as a healthy diet just eat well balanced meals - watch your carb and sodium levels - make sure you get enough protein and drink lots of water. You will learn what foods have high calories watch your portion sizes until you do. If you drink sodas cut back or eliminate them until you figure it all out. After a week or so you will get the hang of things and it will come easy but make sure you log all your foods otherwise you will be cheating yourself on the learning experience.

Can't help you on the instagram thing though sorry.
  • KatherinesRiver
    Options
    OH, I hear that workout plan is really good! I count calories and it gets easier. You will get used to the calories in things after awhile and remember most of it. There are little guides for calorie counting that you can buy that fit into your purse.

It gets easier.:drinker:
  • bbcteamfiredup
    Options
    Just stick with me Maria, and you'll be fine. :) As a team beachbody coach, I have all the tools that you will need.
  • AtHomeFitness4U
    Options
    Maria, I can't help but laugh at your post here. You have definitely come to the right place for help! You will have about 50 people looking to help you out by the morning! Us Beachbody coaches are GREAT! Hope you find one who isn't in it for the paycheck! I completed Insanity, and the MAX phase in truly INSANE!

A good tip for you: If you find yourself having problems just making it through the warm up (as I did sometimes), make sure you are getting enough sleep, and eat a banana a half hour before your workout. It'll give you the boost of energy you need!

Good luck! If you need any more advice, don't hesitate to ask me!

~Kevin
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    So, she mentions Insanity in her thread, and that's an invitation to be stalked by Beachbody coaches?

OP, start here....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=sexypants

You can also check out the adopt-a-noob thread.... and get connected with an experienced MFP mentor.
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    bump