Long Plateau not losing

Options
So i need to get over a plateau been stuck 2+ months ive been having big bowl of ice cream every night im gonna replace that with fruit! But i usually have oatmeal for breakfast usually no lunch or some fruit small amount and dinner plus the ice cream. Im gonna do more cardio. I think i have thyroid problem so im upping vitamin intake. So for lunch should i have salad and fruit and fruit at night? I NEED HELP!!

Replies

• kmtbeaulieu
    kmtbeaulieu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You should eat lunch! even if its something small. Your body is hovering on starvation mode.
  • ND_Figgzie
    ND_Figgzie Posts: 1,480
    Options
    stop eating ice cream and I'll bet your "plateau" (doesn't really exist) disappears
  • deadyankee
    Options
    Yes, you need professional help.
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Really? Perhaps following MFP recommendations and eating would be a good idea.
  • Vicxie86
    Vicxie86 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    She asked for help, not sarcasm and judgement, save those for yourself. OP, you just need to make sure that you're fueling your body with enough calories and you should lose. Make sure you're not eating at maintenance with that big bowl of ice cream
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    So i need to get over a plateau been stuck 2+ months ive been having big bowl of ice cream every night im gonna replace that with fruit! But i usually have oatmeal for breakfast usually no lunch or some fruit small amount and dinner plus the ice cream. Im gonna do more cardio. I think i have thyroid problem so im upping vitamin intake. So for lunch should i have salad and fruit and fruit at night? I NEED HELP!!

Try eating more proteins and fats instead of more carbs. Fruit is basically sugar.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

If you think you have a thyroid issue, you need to see a doctor.

How long have you been dieting? New dieters lose weight quickly because they are getting rid of a lot of excess, or retained, fluid. You will see weight drop quickly in the first few weeks. If this describes your situation, then your plateau is probably just your actual fat loss rate.

Two questions:

1) How many calories are you eating per day on average? Screen shot your report if possible.
    2) How many calories are you burning per day? That is, what is MFP saying your total burn rate is (BMR + Activity) ?
  • deadyankee
    Options
    She asked for help, not sarcasm and judgement, save those for yourself. OP, you just need to make sure that you're fueling your body with enough calories and you should lose. Make sure you're not eating at maintenance with that big bowl of ice cream

She's an anorexic eating 700 calories per day including ice-cream
  • Tangosgrandad
    Tangosgrandad Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The members aren't being rude to the OP. She has made several threads about being on VLCD which is NOT allowed on this site. Personally, she needs medical help and because of the effects that these kind of threads could have on new members who may think that this is normal dieting, I have reported this thread. OP, please, please go and see your doctor. You are in real danger of making yourself very ill.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

She's an anorexic eating 700 calories per day including ice-cream

After reading up on her posts, you're right. She does need professional help. :(
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Stop eating 'big bowls of ice cream' every night and eat healthy and wholesome food. Looking at your display picture you do not need to lose weight. Make sure you accurately log. Skipping meals is never a good idea!
  • erizek14
    erizek14 Posts: 30
    Options

a majority is from dinner and ice cream like I would have 400 cal of ice cream and dinner 500-600 and id exercise on top of that.
  • erizek14
    Options
    stop eating ice cream and I'll bet your "plateau" (doesn't really exist) disappears

Ok usually most of my cals come from that ice cream and dinner so that's my main throughout day so today im gonna do:
    Breakfast: Oatmeal
    Lunch: Salad chips and fruit
    Dinner: What i cooks
    Snack: yogurt or 100 cal popcorn

Tomorrow:
    B: Oatmeal
    L: Fruit only
    D: What i cooks
    S: fruit and protein bar
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Still need professional help OP.
  • erizek14
    Options
    You should eat lunch! even if its something small. Your body is hovering on starvation mode.
    so can eating more than norm for like a week or less and switch things up and workout help? im just sick of being stuck for so long
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    what is your goal weight/height?

and if you have a thyroid problem, vitamins aren't going to help that.
  • erizek14
    Options
    what is your goal weight/height?

and if you have a thyroid problem, vitamins aren't going to help that.

I want to be 106 by end of the month than I want to maintain on that. and im 5'1.5"