Serious Diet Soda Addiction

Options
13»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you traded in one addiction for another. Diet soda doesn't make you fat, but too much of it like anything else isn't good for your body.
    Have you tried addressing why you gravitate towards diet soda? Maybe speak to a professional?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    lol. seriously? so ****ing ridiculous.
    From the OP
    I am in counseling and on several anti-dep/anxiety/psychotic meds and mood stabilizers including lithium because I am bipolar Type B. I have an addictive personality (very black and white, no grey areas) which doesn't help either.
    Sound ****ing ridiculous now? :noway:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I quit all soda a few months ago. Then I quit smoking. I started having one can of diet soda in the afternoons, which turned into one in the afternoon and one at night with dinner. I am 100 lbs overweight and am well aware of the relationship between obesity and diet soda. I am up to 2 liters or more a day. How do I quit? I crave the stuff. I dream about drinking it. I kid you not, this is a full blown addiction. Help??

If you quit once you know how to do it. Just fight the urge. Don't let it control you.
  • Arranna1212
    Arranna1212 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm almost dying of laughter at some of these posts. Diet soda isn't bad for you. Unless you're drinking 20 cans of soda a day, I'm pretty sure you have nothing to worry about OP. *drinks diet Dr. Pepper* mmmm....
  • chard_muncher
    chard_muncher Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I quit all soda a few months ago. Then I quit smoking. I started having one can of diet soda in the afternoons, which turned into one in the afternoon and one at night with dinner. I am 100 lbs overweight and am well aware of the relationship between obesity and diet soda. I am up to 2 liters or more a day. How do I quit? I crave the stuff. I dream about drinking it. I kid you not, this is a full blown addiction. Help??

This all strikes me as a little melodramatic. I don't mean to minimize your control issues, but it's really not a big deal (health wise) to drink 2L of diet soda a day. If you always end up trading one addictive behavior for another, I would just settle on diet soda and call it a day. It's certainly better than smoking or drinking regular soda. If you're trying to lose weight, don't worry so much about the diet soda and focus on the rest of your diet (no pun intended?) and exercise.