Planning Ahead: How to prepare for a healthy week/day?

Options
I'm trying to set myself up for success. On Sunday nights I pack snack & lunch bags to take to work MTW and on Wednesday night I do the same for RF. I lay out my workout clothes at night so I can jump into them at 5:30 am. Also, I plan dinners weeks in advance and have backup meals on hand. And I make sure I have protein shake ingredients at all times.

What do you do to prepare for a healthy week? Or for a healthy day? How can I set myself up to win? Tell me everything! :)

Replies

• Burstingintolife
    Burstingintolife Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    One thing that helps me is to have a best friend or family member to check in with daily. Just dropping an e-mail every morning with a weight check or a workout plan sharing can be really motivational for me, personally. Also, I recently joined a "group" and I find myself feeling more geared towards meeting my goals for the week because of it.
  • Hannahp1402
    Hannahp1402 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Sounds like you are already winning :)

I plan my meals on a Sunday and go and buy it all , then I prepare them for two days at a time. Because I am out of the house for 12 hours a day I find it a must because otherwise I will end up in Mcdonalds because I have nothing to eat, but it also helps me eat properly because I know when I am at home I tend to boredom eat and eat things for the sake of it - even if I am not hungry I will eat and find myself saying ' its in my calories it doesn't matter' when really there was no need to eat it at all.

I also log in advance for the next day and add if I need to - that way I can decide if I need to take something out or add something.

:)
  • tmcoyle
    tmcoyle Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi, It sounds like you have healthy processes and back up plans.

I plan my meals on Sunday, prepare all the food for the week. I tend to use my crockpot to cook up chicken breasts for the week or soups. I also cook up tilapia/cod. I have pre-cooked shrimp on hand for easy re-heat. Then I put them into single serving containers for each day of the week. I have my snacks divided up into snack bags like my almonds, nuts, carrots, apples(sprinkle lemon juice on them to prevent browning), grapes, strawberries.

The other thing you could do is try Shakeology. This is a balanced meal, yummy flavors, great recipes, easy to make, helps keep you full, decrease cravings and aids in digestion.

Teresa