I always have too many Carbs!!

2»

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    I don't know what kind of foods to eat to bring up the protein - I don't like many types of fish and everyone always tells me to eat fish.
    meat
    poultry
    fish
    seafood
    eggs
    dairy (including yogurt & cheese)
    nuts (including peanut butter)
    seeds
    beans (including hummus & tofu)
  • eclipsegirl425
    eclipsegirl425 Posts: 1 Member
    I have a serious carb problem and what has been working is the 40/40/20 rule. 40% of your cals should be Protein, 40% carbs 20% fats. Started with that and its been working great! you can set your myfitness pal food goals to that (under custom) and it tells you how many grams of each you should go with. Just a suggestion!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Firstly, not many need to be set to 1200 calories. It is too aggressive for most, so I would set that to a 1Ib loss a week, if I was you. Slower weight loss is more likely to be sustainable, but that is just my opinion and what I see from those who have been most successful on this site.

Secondly, I keep my carbs set to be 45% of my daily intake. You can go to diary, then settings and customise what % of your intake will come from each macro. I get my carbs mostly from fruit, sweet potatoes, occasional rice, beans, vegetables and quinoa. I fill out the rest with cottage cheese, Greek yoghurt, nuts, seeds, fish, eggs, cheese, avocado and soya products.
  • I find mine is always 70%ish. I cant help it, I had porridge for breakfast, one piece of brown toast as a snack, and then I will have a jacket potato with beans and salad tonight for dinner. Love the carbs!
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    if your at 1200 and 75% Carbs your body is just trying to hang in there for now to see whats going on!

But you're either eating more than 1200, or just not active enough, or both.