10 LBS down, but so much success

Options
kathdela
kathdela Posts: 148 Member
I've been anxious to lost 100 lbs to be able to post my success story, but what the hell. It's only been 10 lbs and I'm noticing so many changes.

-I get better quality sleep, as well as go to bed and wake up earlier.
-I have more energy, thus improving my job performance. I'm not content with just sitting anymore.
-I don't like where my body is right now, but I love it. I can see myself as sexy and beautiful BECAUSE I'm doing this. I see my body as strong and amazing.
-I am actually happier. I have something to be proud of and work towards. My depression is nonexistent.
-It's increased my libido. (TMI, sorry, but this is huge for me)
-I'm comfortable with pictures of myself and even showing them off.

I know that these aren't physical, but I believe that the mental changes are signs that this will actually stick. They're what I'm most proud of.

Replies

• rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you!!! You have done so great so far. Keep it going! If you feel good now imagine how you'll feel at the 100 lb mark.
  • AngelSharum
    AngelSharum Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It's great that you are noticing other things besides weight loss and feeling good about them! Congrats on all your success.
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I maintiain that it's not just about the lbs lost, but all the other benefits that come with losing them. Well done! I look forward to when you come back and tell us all how you reached your 100lb lost goal :) Because you WILL! x
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    30 Days in and I'm down 10 pounds... not much suffering as far as I am concerned too! :) Just stick to your goals, stay under the count and you will continue to see the pounds drop like a hot biscuit!
  • netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    GREAT POST!! - Keep up the great work. I could not agree more. Even though my weight loss (100+ to lose) is slow I too am enjoying all of the side effects that this change in lifestyle has bestowed upon me. Saturday night we took my mom out for dinner and she was sitting next to me as I was munching on pea pods and broccoli and she told me how impressed she was. (I hated vegetables as a kid). That was my awesome moment. Keep up the great work as WE have many more awesome moments to come!!! :happy:
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    That is huge! The biggest battle we have is the one going on in our own heads! We are usually our worst enemy and it sounds like you have the big one beaten! Just keep it up!! You should be proud of yourself!
  • kathdela
    kathdela Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I think the thing with being okay showing pictures of me on facebook is that I approve of myself now. And who the **** cares who else approves of me? I already have an awesome boyfriend of 5 years.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    This is amazing! You are beautiful and perfect today, EXACTLY as you are! Bravo!

Charmagne
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Standing Ovation to you! I am on board 110% with what you said. I had over 100 pounds to lose and have so far lost 23. The changes like you said are amazing! At 10 pounds I was like wow, I can do this and strutting my stuff. And, let me tell you, it just keeps getting better. Just like when I am on the elliptical, I just keep the goal at 5 (5 more minutes.... 5 more pounds).

I'm really proud of you... you can do this.
  • blumuse
    blumuse Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great post! And yes, every little bit is the first step to a whole new life!
  • LGIFitness2K11
    Options
    Yes!! It is amazing how you see yourself after such an accomplishment! You are overall happier because of it! I know exactly how you feel!! Keep it up!
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    awesome this lifestyle change isn't only about the numbers it's about our personal, mental, physical, & spiritual well being. great job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!