330 pounds in 2 years of marriage.. :(

Options
Hi All,

Writing this , I am lot more depressed than excited to start a diet plan. truth is I have gained 15 kg of weight after my wedding all due to ulhealthy eating habits and lack or almost no excercise. Though I am a vegetarian, But I have become prone to eating very often without feeling hungry, All my wardrobe is just a heap of waste clothes now. Shopped new with 2 bigger sizes now.

I can not just explain the agony of being fat, I am always feeling low because of my fat tissues !! I have tried several times over the past 2 years to start doing excercise and diet but after one week every thing goes in vain.

But this is too much now. I want to loose now and loose in healthy way. So please motivate me and lets together fight this evil of being obese out of every body.

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    The only person who can motivate you is you. Others can inspire or encourage but motivation comes form you, Don't go on a diet change your lifestyle. Smaller portions and anything in moderation. Totally excluding foods will make you want them more. Set a sensible calorie goal and do some exercise to maintain some muscle. you could just start with walking that's all I did for the first 3 months. Weigh and measure all your food accurately and get good habits then on day's your not motivated you just do it out of habit.

Good Luck
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    The only person who can motivate you is you. Others can inspire or encourage but motivation comes form you, Don't go on a diet change your lifestyle. Smaller portions and anything in moderation. Totally excluding foods will make you want them more. Set a sensible calorie goal and do some exercise to maintain some muscle. you could just start with walking that's all I did for the first 3 months. Weigh and measure all your food accurately and get good habits then on day's your not motivated you just do it out of habit.

Good Luck

+1.

I was about 39kg heavier than when I got married when I decided to lose weight. Now 18kg lighter than when I got married. Don't talk about losing weight, actually do it. Pretty much everything Fatdoob said is what I did.
  • boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just start making small, healthy changes, they will add up! It took several years to put on the weight, it may take several years to get it off. Be patient and forgive yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • LorriU
    LorriU Posts: 4
    Options
    For me, the most important help I got was from MyFitnessPal. Log it in before you eat it. At that time you can make choices for the day. I also joined a public health program for diabetes/obese. 16 weeks with a coach, a support group and MFP! It is slow and steady but I have learned so much to keep me on track for the rest of my life. Start! Make teeny tiny steps and keep on keeping on. You will be surprised how well it works. Good Luck!
  • frankiep73
    frankiep73 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others that the only true motivator will come from within. HOWEVER, friends can encourage you, support you and celebrate, or even cry with you. I understand the depression with what you are going through. I personally have battled depression and eating disorders (overeating, binge eating) for the last 20 years or more. 5 years ago, I had taken control of my life finally and had a wonderful 100lb weight loss by making a life change. Enter marriage... lol. 2 months after I married, I was very sick and could no long exercise, sending me into a tailspin. I gained a little, but was able to maintain a healthy weight. Then I got pregnant and was on bedrest for almost the entire 9 months. I've not lost any of my baby weight, and even had gained after going back to work after baby. Well, as my daughter is nearing her 3rd birthday, I have been working on making permanent changes to our entire family. My husband is my worst food enemy and so getting him on board was very difficult. Though, I can't convince him that 1/4c of salad dressing is NOT a serving size regardless of how big his salad is!

Anyway, if you really want to make the change, look within yourself and tell yourself you will, and can, do this. Slow and steady will keep the course, and you just need to be able to forgive yourself.

Good luck with your journey. It is just that! a Journey!
  • mfi9436
    mfi9436 Posts: 2
    Options
    I definitely agree that you have to focus on self motivation to achieve your goals. However, having your partner on the same page as you is a huge help. I found that losing weight, eating healthy and exercising was much easier with my husband on board. When first starting out I set small goals for myself that would eventually lead me to my ultimate weight loss/health goal. The food log is a great tool on this site because it lays everything out for you and helps keep you motivated and honest with yourself. Remember that on this journey you will have good days and bad, but at the end of the day you are doing this to become a healthier happier version of yourself.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I use to weigh 330pds when I started this journey! I agree the only person who can motivate and do this is you!! If you want it you will do it if not you will find every excuse there is!!! Trust me coming from someone who was 330pds for way too long it will be worth it! This time next year you will be glad you started!! Good luck!