1 year later...

Options

Replies

• lmmathis86
    lmmathis86 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! AND CONGRATS! It's so great to see that you can get results if you do the work for them! I hope to one day post my results and be happy and healty with my looks.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    congratulations from a fellow 1 year MFP'er :)
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you look fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
  • ninja8tofu
    ninja8tofu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    First off, thanks everyone! I appreciate your comments so much. Like I said, I'm not a big fan of cameras, so it was really hard for me to put it out there.

Second, the saggy skin issue. I have a teeny tiny bit of saggy skin at the below my belly and a tiny bit at the top of my inner thighs. It's really not terribly bad and I've noticed my stomach has just sort of started changing this last month. It's looking more flat and such and I'm not noticing the sagging as much. it is definitely been my last place to shape up. It is definitely worth it to get fit, even if I had a lot more skin, I'd still be happy because I feel so much better. If this never goes back into shape, I will be ok with it.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    You look like a totally different person. Great job. You even look years younger.

May I ask, Do you have a lot of loose skin? I am worried that I will loose all this weight and just have sagging skin. I was 234 at my heaviest, right now I am at 186 and change, still have a ways to go. I am about 5'1.

My hubby lost 50lbs and everyone thinks he is in his 30's, I went to the bank one day recently and the lady thought I was 50. (I am 42) I guess I would rather be fit and look old than be fat and look young.:wink:

Any way you look amazing.
    Thanks for sharing.

that is always a possiblity if your skin was overstretched for along time it may never rebound to it's original elasticity, i have that issue to a lesser degree after 20years of being overweight-very overweight but how much of that is my own perception and how much is just what will eventually iron out is a different thing, but you have a good mindset more important to be alive and healthy then worrying about looks.?

I've gone from 240lbs down to 176 in 9 months then tried to maintain around that for the past 3 months and i have flabby what i'd consider loose skin areas still but am caved in around other areas, damn body keeps loosing inches around my hips when i need it to go from my waist lol eventually with strength training most of it should sort itself out. Hope that helps
  • vedalewis
    vedalewis Posts: 37
    Options
    WOW!! AMAZING!!! Great Job!! Thanks for sharing!! This has really gave me some motivation:smile::smile:
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. I can really relate so very inspiring for me. Congratulations on your success!
  • nadiaumammisuherman
    Options
    you look amazing :) you're such a great inspiration for me to loose weight :smile:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment and you look so much younger.
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You look great! Absolutely fabulous ... So young and healthy looking :smile:
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    forget about the weight loss, you literally look 20 years younger.
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Incredible job! You look amazing, I bet your daughter is so proud of you!
  • emilyasdf
    emilyasdf Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Holy moly! You look freakin' amazing! Congratulations!
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You're such an inspiration. Wonderful work (and love that tattoo)
  • LisaAG5
    LisaAG5 Posts: 17
    Options
    Good for you! You DO look so much younger! Keep it up and never give up. Once you change the bad eating habits and replace them with good ones and exercise, it makes such a difference! Don't go back...you've come so far!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Amazing!
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, you look great
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You lost pounds and YEARS to be sure! Excellent excellent job!!!
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You even look younger! Amazing :smile:
  • joandue
    joandue Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I love hearing about your success story. It proves to me it can be done.

Congratulations again, you look amazing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!