Lunch ideas

Options
:smile: I'm really struggling for what to eat for lunch lately. What do you all eat?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    A "burrito bowl" is one of my favorites when I have leftover meat from the night before. Chicken, beef, pork, even fish - in a bowl with a serving of black or pinto beans, maybe some rice if I've got that leftover too. Heat in the microwave, then top with a bit of shredded cheese, diced avocado, some plain Greek yogurt, lettuce & tomato if I've got it, and some salsa - super tasty, and always a bit of variety depending on the meat or beans.
  • nickelp22
    nickelp22 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Humus with pita and raw veggies is really easy and yummy.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Either leftovers from the night before.... a sandwich (tuna, egg salad usually).... or Perdue Simply Smart chicken filets/tenders with veggies or a smoothie.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    2 OZ whole wheat pasta, 1/2 can white albacore tuna, balsamic vinegar, cherry tomatoes, scallions and whatever veggies I might have. Make a small pasta salad fills me up for awhile.
    I always eat protein at lunch, perhaps a 1/2 sandwich on wheat with 1/2 serving stick pretzels gotta have the crunch.
    Or just a salad with shrimp, veggies.
  • WatsonS90
    Options
    For my lunch today I had:

Diced chicken breast, pan fried in some sweet chilli sauce
    Wholewheat fusili pasta
    Three servings of broccoli
    Grated mature cheddar cheese

Microwave it at lunchtime for 2-3 minutes...
  • Janlo26
    Janlo26 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Super easy (which is important for me at lunch) is a big handful of baby greens with a tablespoon or two of italian dressing and a cubed or sliced cooked chicken breast. You can even put this all in a container in the morning and take it where ever you're going that day. Just layer it: dressing, chicken, lettuce, folded damp paper towel, plastic fork, lid.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I usually have a sandwich/wrap with turkey and ham and pepperjack with a handful of baby romaine or spinch and an apple or orange on the side. Now and then I'll bring leftovers from dinner - for instance today I have mediterranean soup/stew.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Usually leftovers of dinner in a small portion size!
  • suzyabbott
    suzyabbott Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    every day for lunch I have a 100 calorie fiber 1 or thomas english muffin, cut in half and top each half with 2 tsp ragu and 1 light string cheese stick. great filling lunch for about 250 calories and you feel like you're cheating having pizza :)
  • YoBecca
    YoBecca Posts: 167
    Options
    I work full time, and pack a lunch every day. As I also have to deal with packing lunches for 2 kids, eating an on-the-go-breakfast, and sorting out dinner for a family of 4, I batch cook on Sunday as much as I can -- at least my weekday breakfasts/lunches, fresh veggies for the week, and some easy-to-grab protein/meat. I make a casserole or soups if I can, and I put the recipes in to MFP to calculate out the cals. Did I mention that I prefer to eat Paleo style, but no one else in my family does? It's all so complicated. The only way I have found to make this manageable is that I eat the *same thing* for snacks and lunch every day. I know it would make some people nuts, but it really doesn't bother me. I've figured out what keeps me satisfied, at the right number of calories that I can eat a good dinner.Lunch daily:

2 chicken thighs - boneless/skinless, baked with creole seasoning
    1 cup spaghetti squash
    1 cup of some other low-cal veggie - usually roasted fennel, broccoli, or brussel sprouts.
    Total = 250-300 cals, loads of protein. It feels like a real meal, and eating with a fork slows me down.

I also eat a mid-morning snack (a handful of grape tomatoes and 2 oz. of sliced turkey) and an afternoon snack (an apple and a LaCroix)
  • BelsFitnessJourney
    Options
    Normally a nutritious filling salad or my favourite - Cruskits topped with low fat cottage cheese, salmon, egg whites and avacado :)