Starting Again

Options
dawnmj1121
dawnmj1121 Posts: 15 Member
I feel like I have started and stopped my weight loss journey so many times. I know that I am at my happiest though when I am happy and feeling good about myself. I am currently about 60-70lbs overweight however my "ideal" weight is very unrealistic. I have gone back and forth with the idea of weight loss surgery but at the end of the day I just want to be healthy no matter what size I am. I know that was a big of a ramble so I apologize. I am looking for support and some strength in this.

Replies

• Daisyrn
    Daisyrn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also restarting. I am looking for friends to help support me here too. Sometimes all it takes is for someone to reach out their hand to help pull you up. :flowerforyou:
  • christi_133
    christi_133 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I am also restarting. Looking for help and inspiration.
  • pancakemix16
    pancakemix16 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just restarted today. Feel free to add me.
  • jackieg218
    jackieg218 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I too am restarting... Last year I dropped 70 pounds and hit my goal... But through the " oh it's the holidays " excuse and a cruise vacation.., I found 12 lbs under a rock and strapped them right on my belly lol!!! So it's back to tracking and counting for me too!

Feel free to add!

Jackie
  • Lmc_32
    Lmc_32 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm to restarting today!! Please feel free to add me! I could do with some encouragement too!! ;)
  • ireney_t
    ireney_t Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the same boat!
    About a couple of years go I downloaded the app and lost around 20lbs and had another 20 to lose.
    Unfortunately I plateaued and then yo-yoed for a while. Now I'm back and thought I might have a chance of losing the weight if I'm not in it alone.

Feel free to me too :)
  • frankerzzzfit
    frankerzzzfit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    On the same page! Add me anyone for support and motivation. We can do it!
  • futureplans
    Options
    Hi everyone...I am re-starting today too. So sick and tired of the excess weight and summer is right around the corner. Looking for friends for encouragement. :bigsmile:
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have restarted many times as well. Why do you think your ideal weight is unrealistic? It is most likely realistic, you have to believe in yourself and give it a fair shot. Some major changes may be needed but you can do this! get healthy and happy for yourself, start with a positive attitude and don't underestimate yourself.
  • ruthkennedy
    ruthkennedy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm another one!! 14lbs seems to have crept back on and today my trousers felt really tight so I'm right back on it. anyone feel free to add me as I need all the accountability I can get!!!
  • HealthySideofLife
    HealthySideofLife Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I restarted about a week ago. Feel free to add me, if you like (same goes for everyone else)! It is helpful to have people supporting you, whether that's virtual, real life help, or both. I find it hard to find the motivation to exercise, just like last time. What worked for me was consistency, even if I didn't want to exercise haha. I always felt better after. Good luck to everyone and let's kick butt again!
  • sclarktn
    sclarktn Posts: 3
    Options
    I am starting over again as well. Started with this app. several years ago. Stopped. tried it again last year. Stopped.
    So here I am again ! Saw myself in some recent pics and it was like, WoW , what happened !

Work is stressing me to no end, and for me stress equals eating crap ! Typical breakfast is nothing or a resee cup, lunch
    some Funyuns or maybe somthing quick from the drive-thru. Supper I am starving so I eat everything in sight !

Feeling motivated !!!
  • BriskaLynn
    Options
    I started over in January with about 90 pounds to lose. Friends welcome!!
  • Butterfly_1
    Butterfly_1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Glad to see that I'm not alone ...

Last summer I lost 20lbs ... between Halloween and December, I put on 10lbs... now i need to lose 20lbs - 25lbs.... I keep procrastinating everyday but summer is right around the corner, and I really need to get started again.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hi all...if your in need of support feel free to add me...
  • BackToWeddingWeight
    Options
    I started today, too. I lost 40 lbs a few years ago and have fluctuated with keeping the last 10 off. I was my lowest weight at my wedding, almost a year and a half ago, and now I am about 11 pounds over that. I'd like to get back to where I was and maybe lose an additional 5 lbs.