Oscar bodies lets judge

Options
kickivale
kickivale Posts: 260 Member
Just kidding lets not.

BUT.
I did notice that once I was sitting with a group of people (good friends…3 women, 2 men) watching the awards show, we talked so much nonsense about their bodies!
"Her boobs look bigger"
"She def had work done"
"Does she eat?"
"He looks about 100 years old"
Granted, everyone at my house watching takes care of themselves. We all exercise, all of us are very aware of what we can and can't eat and in what volume LOL.

So maybe that's why we felt like judging was acceptable? Or maybe it's just mob mentality?
I also drank beer and tequila and ate pizza. And snacks. So it was a very hedonistic evening for me in general.

I feel like a schmuck :noway:

Anyone else want to fess up?

PS Lupita and Jared get the beauty win from me….they looked SO SO GOOD.

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I didn't watch it. Who had the biggest boobs?
  • sonjarogers72
    sonjarogers72 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Lupita rocked it! I was also a fan of Matthew McConihay and how handsome he looked! What was Pharrell wearing? Jennifer Garner should have chosen a dress with color. Ellen had me cracking the heck up!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Jonah Hill probably
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options

Jonah Hill probably
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • kickivale
    Options
    The expanding boobs comment was made about Julia Roberts….who looks PHENOMENAL.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I think you're right about the mob mentality.

I also think for some people there's definitely a "2 ways of thinking" thing going on. Hollywood standards are such a "thing" and I think there are some people out there who really don't pick apart their peers' appearance or have that critical of an eye until it's say, Jessica Simpson in tight high waisted jeans looking like a size 4/6 instead of a 00 that they are used to seeing. Then they're aghast.

It's weird.
  • kickivale
    Options
    Also I think Jonah Hill looked pretty good!
    He seems to struggle with weight a lot, but he was sharp last night!
  • kickivale
    Options

I also think for some people there's definitely a "2 ways of thinking" thing going on. Hollywood standards are such a "thing" and I think there are some people out there who really don't pick apart their peers' appearance or have that critical of an eye until it's say, Jessica Simpson in tight high waisted jeans looking like a size 4/6 instead of a 00 that they are used to seeing. Then they're aghast.

It's weird.

I used to work uptown in NYC and would see celebs with their kids all the time because I'm a nanny…we frequented the same spots. Lemme say, IN PERSON these women are drop dead gorgeous. Like subhuman glowing super goddess women. And SO SMALL. Like doll sized. But we see them on tv and we are like "Meh, she looks OK I guess, she's getting old/I hate her hair/she looks a little chubby"
    But its wild to say that because you're right, we are just so conditioned to judge them! I don't envy that part of their lives at all
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

It's weird.

I used to work uptown in NYC and would see celebs with their kids all the time because I'm a nanny…we frequented the same spots. Lemme say, IN PERSON these women are drop dead gorgeous. Like subhuman glowing super goddess women. And SO SMALL. Like doll sized. But we see them on tv and we are like "Meh, she looks OK I guess, she's getting old/I hate her hair/she looks a little chubby"
    But its wild to say that because you're right, we are just so conditioned to judge them! I don't envy that part of their lives at all

Totally agree!!!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Wait... people actually watch the Oscars?
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Nope, didn't really watch. I did turn it on when I went to bed so I heard some of it. I did see Sandra Bullock on this morning's recap on our local news. She looked awesome. Keeping her on my girl-crush list for sure. :love:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Wait... people actually watch the Oscars?

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options

Jonah Hill probably

Hilarious. Dig out the guy that's lost a ton of weight and looks fantastic.

You really are the man.
  • Hornsby
    Options

Jonah Hill probably

Hilarious. Dig out the guy that's lost a ton of weight and looks fantastic.

You really are the man.

It's a joke. Get over it.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    might be an idea to chose your audience a little better.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I was watching zombies. :smokin:
  • kickivale
    Options
    I was watching zombies. :smokin:

I was actually really pissed when my friends were like "we are coming over to watch Oscars because you have the best TV"
    Ummmm wellllll I was really planning on watching Zombies and Detectives but I GUESS I HAVE TO SUCCOMB TO THIS.
    Thank god for on demand.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    might be an idea to chose your audience a little better.

Nah, if someone can't take a joke, it's on them.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options

[/quote]

I'll fess up! We do the same..then we say how it's ok to judge because we are so perfect! ;)
    We usually bust on something they said or did, more than their appearance. That's ok, Ellen practically called Liza Minelli a drag queen.
    I agree Lupita and Jared are beautiful...Sally Field looked amazing too!
  • kickivale
    Options

I'll fess up! We do the same..then we say how it's ok to judge because we are so perfect! ;)
    We usually bust on something they said or did, more than their appearance. That's ok, Ellen practically called Liza Minelli a drag queen.
    I agree Lupita and Jared are beautiful...Sally Field looked amazing too!
    [/quote]

One of my friends sat on my laptop the whole time and every person who appeared she would google them and try to make us guess how old they are.
    Sally Field was the one where we were like ok, ok, she will always look younger than she is, and CUTE AS A BUTTON