Success! Finally, totally switched my game around

Options
It's been about a month and a half since I last logging in to this site and WHOA, do I have progress. I slowly transitioned onto a low fat, high carb vegan eating plan after doing the high-protein, low carb thing which did nothing for my weight and made me very ill(constipated, irregular blood sugar, fatigued).
I am so excited I really feel the need to share this discovery with everyone struggling with their weight and not feeling very good as a result. Try getting rid of all the extra fats in your diet. Seriously, it works. Get them down to about 10-15% of your total caloric intake and you will BE AMAZED. My mom just tried this way of eating as well and has lost 9lbs this month. Stock up on the fruits and veggies and eat up!

Today I am eating:

BREAKFAST
oatmeal, cinnamon, sugar
smoothie of 2 apples, a pear and a cup of berries

LUNCH
brown rice and 2-3 cups of steamed veggies (mine are frozen and the rice comes in packs)
sriracha and soy sauce on top

SNACK
banana

SNACK (at home)
2 dried dates

DINNER
2 heads of romain, 2 plum tomatos, half a cucumber
homemade dressing made of 2 oranges, 2 cloves garlic, fresh ginger, soy sauce and sriracha hot sauce (SOOO yummy)

I hope this helps anyone who is at a dead end and wants to try something new. This did it for me. Lots of fruits and veggies, no meat or dairy, no processed foods or wheat. Lots of water or decaf tea.
I eat as much as 2,300 calories a day now and haven't gained a pound when I used to restrict to 1,400 and wasn't seeing improvement.

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I love my fat as an energy source, thank you!

MOAR PEANUT BUTTER !
  • KelleynBradyBoys
    Options
    I'm not telling YOU to stop eating peanut butter. I love peanut butter too but it wasn't loving me back. Too much fat in the bloodstream actually decreases cell respiration, causes lethargy, high blood sugar and weight gain. Some very good reasons to cut back on the beloved snack. Also, carbs are the best and preferred form of fuel for the body.