First Day

Options
Hello. I am Helen, an exiled Scot living in Nebraska. 50 Years old and have about 70lbs to lose. Big task I know, but I need to do it, I have a new grandchild on the way (my first) and I want to be able to be a fun granny, not a frumpy sad old one. Here goes! :)

Replies

• otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hi Helen, I'm Karen. I'm about halfway to my goal weight (top of the 'healthy' BMI range), and then I will reassess. I started with about 60lbs to lose. Congratulations on taking the first step. Feel free to add me if you want a friend for mutual support and encouragement.
  • lisatracy76
    Options
    good luck hun, im just starting too , trying to help husband lose his weight as hes a bus driver and gained weight. hes determined too.
  • fatscottishlassie
    Options
    Thanks Karen. Might take me awhile to figure everything out. on the site. Congratulations on the weight loss :)
  • fatscottishlassie
    Options
    Hi Lisa, my hubby could do with losing a few lbs too. Would be great if we could lose together but sadly, not going to happen. Good luck :)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Welcome Just take one day at a time and before you know it you'll have good habits and the weight will drop off you. Good Luck
  • AnnaElizabeth_92
    Options
    Good on ya Helen! Go for gold :D

60006099.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • dianesheart88
    dianesheart88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Welcome Helen! You've come to the right place. Feel free to add me!
  • nenaschei
    nenaschei Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    welcome! and good luck!
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Welcome! 70 lbs sounds like a lot now, but I just know that one day you will be thinking about how it wasn't as hard as you thought! Think about it in smaller increments, if that helps, and all the energy you will have without the additional weight.

And congrats on the grandbaby! When is he/she expected to arrive?
  • fatscottishlassie
    Options
    Thanks everyone for taking the trouble to say "Hello". Chriista, my grandchild isn't due until September. Plenty time for me to get with the programme :)
  • PlumeriaToo
    PlumeriaToo Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You are off to a good start. This site really works if you commit to logging every day and you will learn about your diet and how to modify things as you go. Feel free to add me if you like. We can do this.:flowerforyou: