wife/mom/student... to encourage and be encouraged

Options
Hello all!
I'm a mother of 3, wife, full time student, and I work full time...yes, super full plate! Somewhere along the way I slowly gained 10 lbs here and there and now I am 130 heavier. I guess I just didn't care enough about myself to do better. Recently my 6 year old innocently told me I had a big belly and the only way to get rid of it is by doing push ups....she was genuinely concerned, and I was flooded with emotions ranging from embarrassment-Encouragement. I'm tired of giving up or falling off the wagon... I'm letting myself and more importantly-my children down which is unacceptable. I'd like to build a support team on here with any and everyone. Feel free to send request, msg, anything :)
Be encouraged!!!
-Manda

Replies

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Hello Manda! I am Marta, mom, wife and recently diagnosed with Diabetes. I will send you a friend request and hopefully we can motivate each other. I have lost 25 pounds, gained 10 back and lost them again so I can relate to you being on and off the wagon.

We can do this!
  • FemmeFatale83
    Options
    Kids, they are so honest! But I know how you feel and I'm happy you are motivated again, I hope I can help! Adding you:)
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    hey Manda :) I'm new here , have three boys as well and working towards losing weight and getting to a healthier me with more energy too. feel free to add me. I have the app on my phone and have been doing well with tracking my food. I love the scan bar option with the phone app, makes tracking food on the go so much easier.

mom /wife and work at home mom :) I'll friend request you.
  • Lizplus3
    Lizplus3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Manda -

Hey there! I know what you are dealing with! I have three kids, work full-time and just finished a degree. Taking a small break then going to head back to school in the fall. I have struggled with my weight for some time. I will so send you a friend request!!

Liz
  • msreg08
    msreg08 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies all of your stories are so inspiring thank you all!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I am a mother to 4, married, and work too! Good luck, you can do this!
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Kids can be brutal. Once, when my little sis was like 8, she patted me on the stomach and said, you're getting a belly on you. Funny thing is, I was maybe 130/135lbs!!!

But, anyway, I am also, a wife, mom, student/volunteer... Your kid is a great age to play with to incorporate exercise. I know you are already very busy but an organized sport with your daughter a couple times a week (volleyball or martial arts) would be a great way to have fun and get in shape! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • jenniferlthomas0305
    jenniferlthomas0305 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a married mommy of 2 and have over 100lbs to lose! I'm working hard at it and we're making it a family affair! Anyone looking for Pals, feel free to add me! :) I love to help people!
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi Manda, I have one daughter so you are three times as brave as I am! :laugh:
    I'm an unhappy member of the 100+ club too, working towards a member of the I-used-to-be-a-member-of-the-100+-club and hopefully will be a student again myself in either fall of '14 or winter '15.
    Anyway just wanted to say welcome to MFP and friend request sent!
  • msreg08
    Options
    Oh, I've kept my daughter in sports since she was three, thanks :)
  • msreg08
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your words of support. Feel free to send requests
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi Manda and all,

I'm new here too (well, new again). Single mom of two active girls, working full time. I'd love to share motivation!
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    feel free to add me.....I've been here a long time but different name.....I'm on here every day.....good luck with your journey....:)
  • msreg08
    Options
    I'm so excited and grateful for you all!