How Do I Get Those Extra Calories In?

Options
Check out my diary!!!! I don't know what to do... I have over 1000 calories remaining AFTER adding in dinner and an evening snack of ice cream!

I want to keep up eating my exercise calories until my next weigh in on Friday. Any advice would be helpful!

Replies

• sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Your meals are tiny. If you're struggling to eat enough calories, you should be having more in every meal. Just a chicken breast for dinner? 1/4c. steamed broccoli with your fish fillet? Have more vegetables. Have two eggs with your breakfast. If you're working out a lot, you should probably be eating more carbohydrates as well. Have a banana, a serve of spaghetti with tomato sauce, a slice of toast with avocado.
  • Boopa
    Boopa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am finding a smoothie/shake with added flax is a good way to up calories and fibre without having to chew :)
    I love the flavour of one i make and it equals out to approx 310 calories when you combine the protein powder, frozen fruit(mixed berries), flax and my omega 3-6-9 oil. On days when I am finding that I need just a little more calories in there I add a banana.
  • datagram40
    datagram40 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would aim for a bigger breakfast. It's the meal that is supposed to get a person started for the day.

I've been eating oatmeal in the mornings. My breakfast today was 360 calories. I even need to aim a little higher.

One thing that fills in the calories is my snacks. Along with a fruit or veggie, I add protein as well. I have an ounce of almonds which is about 164 calories.

Adding protein with the fruit or veggie also helps with the hunger issue.
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    This is really hard for me to,after I burn 1000/1300 in cardio and more in strength training, I have
    2500 to eat for the day and there's no way I can eat all that.I'm lucky to get the
    1200 in.so I do the best I can and not use empty calories to fill in.good luck
    You will do fine.:bigsmile:
  • james3302
    Options
    2,000 calories! That seems like alot of calories. I would add more eggs in the morning with another piece of toast. More peanut butter too. You can get some protein powder, add 1 cup milk, two tablespoons PB and have like a 400-500 calories shake.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    This late you might be better eating less than overeating in one giant meal. I do sometimes like if I go out to eat and have 1000 cals in a meal, but I know it's not the healthy thing to do. You can eat a good 600 or so if you can fit in a late dinner (try 2 eggs scrambled with cheese and some toast with PB on it and a glass of milk), and 400 left over on that diary page is not bad at all. Especially if you eat your exercise calories usually. I know you are trying to do it for the rest of the week solid, but know that some of what makes it work is shaking it up sometimes, you just can't get into the rut of under eating all the time.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Bigger breakfast is the way to go.