Oscar bodies lets judge

Options

Replies

• Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I can't let this go. How dare we judge other based off appearances and body types when most of us here OURSELVES have struggled with our bodies, have been bullied, taunted, and made to be ashamed of our appearance due to the cruel comments of others... It's so childish and unnecessary. Instead of who had work down, man boobs, or a saggy bottom, why not discuss who looked great as a result of their recent weight loss, or maybe discuss their workout, and us them as motivation to continue our journey towards optimum health and wellness. But really, how dare us...
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Eh, they're celebrities. It's their job to put their bodies out there for the rest of the world to talk about. Most of my thoughts were along the lines of "She's too thin for my taste" or "He totally skips legs day". However, an unattractive trend I noticed this year was for women to be wearing dresses that were way too tight and gave them double-boobs. Some of them even were claiming "Chanel MADE this dress for me". Well, someone at Chanel should be fired.
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I can't let this go. How dare we judge other based off appearances and body types when most of us here OURSELVES have struggled with our bodies, have been bullied, taunted, and made to be ashamed of our appearance due to the cruel comments of others... It's so childish and unnecessary. Instead of who had work down, man boobs, or a saggy bottom, why not discuss who looked great as a result of their recent weight loss, or maybe discuss their workout, and us them as motivation to continue our journey towards optimum health and wellness. But really, how dare us...

Hence, me "feeling like and schmuck" and "fessing up" to my childish negative behavior.
    I really think it's a weird change we've had in our culture where we shame our public figures (and just regular strangers too).

Sometimes it feels like it's just making fun, other times it feels like we are total a**holes for acting so shallow and mean.

We are on the same page, I had a slip-up last night for sure.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    might be an idea to chose your audience a little better.

Might be a good idea not to go into a thread whose title suggests judgement on how celebrities look if it upsets you that someone might then respond with a judgement about how a celebrity looks.

Who the hell is Jonah Hill anyway? :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

I think it's childish and unnecessary to hand out awards to the Hollywood elite. They can buy their own statues. :smokin:
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I didn't watch it. Who had the biggest boobs?

Jonah Hill probably

Hilarious. Dig out the guy that's lost a ton of weight and looks fantastic.

You really are the man.

He's gained it all back.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Might be a good idea not to go into a thread whose title suggests judgement on how celebrities look if it upsets you that someone might then respond with a judgement about how a celebrity looks.

In this instance, he is the first male I could think of that is overweight that was probably at the Oscars.
  • Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    Options

I think it's childish and unnecessary to hand out awards to the Hollywood elite. They can buy their own statues. :smokin:

Well, I agree with that also.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Meh, I figure they're probably teenie & fixed up.
    But do they always have good taste in apparel?
    Oh hell no!

(Didn't watch but saw highlights this morning.)

ETA: I will NEVER wear a dress that I have to take tiny shuffle baby steps because my knees are stuck together. Stupid is stupid, not hot.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out who Lupita and Jared are.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    TTIWWOP
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

Jared = Jared Leto, my boyfriend. :love:

841777980.gif?1393812138
  • kickivale
    Options

841777980.gif?1393812138

I'm sorry, he has actually belonged to me since the first episode of My So Called Life. We got serious around the Boiler Room episode. Then we kept our fling going despite my lack of interest in his 30 Seconds to Mars nonsense. Requiem For a Dream era was hard for us because he just became super dark and moody, but all is forgiven and we have a great life together.

Sometimes my husband gets in the way of all this but I think it's going to last forever.
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    We didn't judge bodies but it was about the dresses or tuxes. Mostly the dresses. And a lot of that was why it worked or didn't work.

Not sure why we didn't fall into the trap that TV/Movie mentality causes, which are the comments of "work done" or other body judgments but I agree that it is usually a mob mentality. A lot of the stars that we (the mob) judge are stunning when met on the street but on TV if they aren't their usual size 0 that we've grown used to, then they're getting fat. Or if they have too many wrinkles then they need to get work done, or on the other end, they look flawless where last year they didn't (Goldie Hawn seemed less aged compared to a shot of her last year) then obviously she had work done. And who knows maybe last year time got away from her and she didn't get the same amount of Oscar pampering (I'm guessing a facial, etc) and so didn't look as flawless. I'd say the only exception would be the stars that have lost a lot of weight for a role (thinking Matthew McCaunghey, who was starting to look good after the weight lost for Dallas Buyers Club).
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

841777980.gif?1393812138

Oh, he's cute! What movie was he in?
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

In this instance, he is the first male I could think of that is overweight that was probably at the Oscars.

Sound legit. Carry on. :smokin:
  • kickivale
    Options

841777980.gif?1393812138

He played a transgendered person with HIV in Dallas Buyers Club. (and won for best supporting actor)
    He's one of the loveliest ladies in Hollywood.
    WERQ
  • fitandfortyish
    fitandfortyish Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I opted to watch zombies over the Oscars as well...Zombies have no fashion sense and don't appear to have weight or body image issues....

On the other hand, goodness Beth...a white cardigan in a zombie apocalypse?
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I opted to watch zombies over the Oscars as well...Zombies have no fashion sense and don't appear to have weight or body image issues....

On the other hand, goodness Beth...a white cardigan in a zombie apocalypse?

IKR...I knew Daryl would get some blood on it and he did.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

841777980.gif?1393812138

He played a transgendered person with HIV in Dallas Buyers Club. (and won for best supporting actor)
    He's one of the loveliest ladies in Hollywood.
    WERQ

That one is on my Netflix Queue. That's another reason I haven't watched the Oscars in years. I'm a "wait for the DVD" person.