Just kinda tired and fed up

Options
So I am 27 years old, have always been big for my size. Kinda just tired of nothing ever fitting when I walk in the store, I am tired of my hips/thighs not being able to fit into chair with arms.I am tired of not enjoying amusement parks because I am afraid I will not fit in the rides. I worked on my feet and played tennis, however my eating habits were terrible, but now will change. I have always tried to be confident and most people would think I am 100% confident at the size I am in, however, I am probably 30% happy.

Yes, I've tried the gyms and tired of the people staring as I try to work on myself. Tried the boot camps, but they treated me like I was the same size of the 120lb'ers, I couldn't do somethings and got tired of holding everyone back. Probably tried ever diet pill and I am still young, i shouldn't have to do that.

So, I realize now that me loosing this will be mind over matter. I am ready and prepared. I know it will be hard...but at the end of the day I have always liked a challenge and this will definitely be the biggest challenge I have had in my life thus for...wow even bigger than Computer Science class...lol...had to add in humor.

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    So I am 27 years old, have always been big for my size. Kinda just tired of nothing ever fitting when I walk in the store, I am tired of my hips/thighs not being able to fit into chair with arms.I am tired of not enjoying amusement parks because I am afraid I will not fit in the rides. I worked on my feet and played tennis, however my eating habits were terrible, but now will change. I have always tried to be confident and most people would think I am 100% confident at the size I am in, however, I am probably 30% happy.

Yes, I've tried the gyms and tired of the people staring as I try to work on myself. Tried the boot camps, but they treated me like I was the same size of the 120lb'ers, I couldn't do somethings and got tired of holding everyone back. Probably tried ever diet pill and I am still young, i shouldn't have to do that.

So, I realize now that me losing this will be mind over matter. I am ready and prepared. I know it will be hard...but at the end of the day I have always liked a challenge and this will definitely be the biggest challenge I have had in my life thus for...wow even bigger than Computer Science class...lol...had to add in humor.

You need to give it your all. 150% !

If you don't love your workout, try another one. Keep trying until you find one you like.
  • charbear94
    Options
    You can totally do this :) It may take some time, just because big changes can't happen overnight, but if you are consistent you will see results. And have you used MFP before? It's awesome!! Also, start making small changes, they add up in the long run. like cutting out soda and drinking only water. But you should definitely try to find a good workout environment. I hate the gym because everyone acts so competitive -.- I found a zumba class at a local church and i LOVE it. everyone is just there to have fun :) You can add me on here if you want! I usually log every day
  • tenathequeena
    Options
    I hate the gym too. I walk a lot. I have 100lbs to lose, so if you nee a buddy, feel fee to add me.
  • SunsetSafari
    Options
    All you need to do is truly believe that it is possible... once you do that, you can make it. Sometimes our goals seem so far away, and the fear of how far away they are makes us forget how badly we truly want them. But just take it one step at a time, one day at a time, and you'll do it. And remeber that everyone feels fed up once in a while, ey.
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good luck! As for the gym -- shake them haters off! LOL! :laugh: I usually am focusing on my workout too much to notice what others are doing. This will definitely be a challenge but it is worth it! Just remember, slow and steady wins the race! All the small steps you take to getting healthier will add up to big progress! :glasses:
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options

So, I realize now that me loosing this will be mind over matter. I am ready and prepared. I know it will be hard...but at the end of the day I have always liked a challenge and this will definitely be the biggest challenge I have had in my life thus for...wow even bigger than Computer Science class...lol...had to add in humor.

It's not so much about mind over matter as finding a plan (food + exercise + rest) that works for you. There are hundreds of combinations available and I am positive at least one will fit for you. Keep looking.

Being fed up is only a state of mind. So is being excited, being enthusiastic, being determined. Pursue those states instead.

:)
  • BluGnat
    BluGnat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love your profile pic; you are so pretty. Have you tried Planet Fitness, if there's one in your area? Their claim to fame is they're a "no judgment zone." The one I use is very low-key and a nice environment. Good luck on your journey!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I consistently work out 5 days a week 90 minutes a day to maintain what I have now. I have to! It's a must because if I don't work out I gain weight. Woke up today + 2 pounds. No junk through the entire weekend.....
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!! Keep trying different activities until you find one that you enjoy. And don't worry about people looking or holding anyone else back. Just do your thing!
  • zagbee
    zagbee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Have you tried work out DVDs at home? I love being able to work out right in my living room without worrying about anyone else watching me. You can go at your own pace and work your way up as you are able. I really love some of Jillian Michaels' DVDs. Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Lifelink
    Lifelink Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting where you need to be mentally to start the lifestyle change you desire, as that's a good start and the first step. On the road to your success, always keep in mind these mantras when things get rough for you:

-"You're only cheating yourself when you cheat."
    -"Results, not excuses."
    -"Results are not achieved overnight."
    -"Nothing in life worth having comes easy."

You will have off days, you will have bad days, you will most likely have binge days... and that's okay. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back on track. Never forget what you're doing and why you're doing it.

With all this in mind, putting in the time and effort: you will get there.

Best wishes and welcome to the community.
  • FatKidAtHeart88
    FatKidAtHeart88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I second planet fitness! I go there and there are all shapes and sizes of people working out. Some days I want to go high five everyone who is larger and working hard. But I know most wouldn't appreciate it. So I mentally cheer them on! I was there too. Large and wondering why the guy at the counter couldn't remember my number but could remember the skinny girls member number (how you sign in). But who cares? You are in this for you and not one other person!

If you still feel like the gym is not for you, there are plenty of things you can do at home without purchasing equipment. I loved exercise DVDs when I first started losing weight. And if you decide to walk outside you can do it really early in the morning so no one will be out or see you. You could even drive to a different neighborhood where no one will know you :)

The most important thing to remember is that no matter how fed up you get. You can always try something different! Just keep moving forward and before you know it, you will be that girl rocking her workout and leaving everyone else in the dust!
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I just started reading Eat Move Sleep: Small Choices. Big Changes. I l-o-v-e love this book! It's not about going aggro all day every day, it's about finding ways to adjust your choices so that you are taking steps in the right direction. You CAN make changes to your life.

How do I know? Because EVERYTHING COUNTS. Every time to take the elevator up and the stairs down, that's a choice moving towards your goal. Every time you buy a box of cookies instead of just one, that's a choice away from your goal.

Eat, Move, Sleep basically says every SINGLE thing you do gets you either further or closer to your goal. So which is it going to be?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I gotta be honest, I don't think you have a shot in hell at doing this. It's very hard and it's going to take some time. You just don't strike me as someone who is willing to put in the work.

Now, go prove me wrong ;)
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Look up Fitness Blender on You tube .You can find all kinds of programs that are free to get you started .Best of luck on your journey and feel free to add me as friend .I am here every day and enjoy being here.
  • GR8TAWK
    GR8TAWK Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Begin with small changes:

exercise 15-30 minutes per day
    drink 6-8 glass of water
    stay within your calorie range

These small changes have helped me to lose 35lbs (5lbs at a time). I still have more to lose.

You can do this. Feel Free to add me as a friend we can work this together
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Like you I projected that high-esteem outlook to the world (my weight gain was a buffer for me). I think that while I knew I was overweight I really didn't know how bad it was until I went to buy workout pants :wink: That was a really hard life changing moment for me. I found workout clothes that I was comfortable in enough to go the gym and I honestly don't know if anyone was looking at me - I put my headphones on and went about my own business. Because that is what this is like 'business' to be taken care regardless of what others around you might/could be/or are thinking. But trust me that the majority of people are not really looking or thinking anything bad about you. I have lost 72 pounds and even now wearing a small top and medium pants I think/felt like I was the largest person in the gym this morning – but so what :wink:

It takes that fed up and tired feeling to get moving sometimes, take your time and know that you can do this (you have some youth on your side) - and, now you have all these people on MFP to support you. It really is easier with friends, it did half of mine without any but with them has been so much better :smile:
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I gotta be honest, I don't think you have a shot in hell at doing this. It's very hard and it's going to take some time. You just don't strike me as someone who is willing to put in the work.

Now, go prove me wrong ;)

^awesome!

Missrese please say Challenge Accepted!

We are here to cheer you on! :drinker: