Frustrated!

Options
Ok I'm really frustrated at the moment. I ate healthy all weekend, excersied for an hour a day. Even lost weight over the weekend (I'm a daily scale checker :blushing: ) And now all because i had a few drinks over the weekend I've managed to gain 2 kgs over night?!?!

I could understand if i ate bad as well but really is just having a few social drinks is going to set me back this far every time? :sad:

I don't track calories over the weekend but i don't really eat any different to during the week. Feel free to check my food diary to help me with tips.. :ohwell:

Replies

• crystaldougherty
    crystaldougherty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This happens to me quite a bit....I'll have a few beers and bam! Thats a few lbs gained...All it means is that you have to work twice as long and hard to get it back, thats one of the many set backs of weight loss.
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    don't be so hard on yourself. you did everything else right. Just know that you may want to drink a lot of water and def stay within ur cal allotment. and in a couple days or when u do u next actual weigh in you'll c it go away...one day at a time. I was one who always got on the scale too but it drove me looney with the fluctuations...so now I am proudly down to a couple times a week just to make sure it isn't going up. :blushing: So good luck and keep up the great work!
  • BunnyDVP
    BunnyDVP Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am not an expert but in our nutrition classes we are told to watch for "hidden" calories and that there are a lot in alocohol. Try tracking your intake of them and it will give you an idea of what calories you are eating/drinking.

Good luck in your new journey in life.:wink:
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I bet it will come off this week - alcohol makes us retain water and is pretty high calorie too. Just keep working out and eating right :-) When I returned from a cruise (had a martini and wine everynight) I had gained 4 lbs on Sunday and it was gone by Thursday - and more was gone the following Sunday.
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    Thanks guys. Just needed to vent. I was 2 kgs away from hitting my first goal so just a bit down that now its 4 kgs away LOL

Thinking i should really stop getting on the scales so much, its starting to get counter productive and I had the same problem last time i tried to loose weight for summer.

I'm thinking the salt rimmed margaritas on sunday had something to do with the 2 kgs.. off to drink more water... :drinker:
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Do you drink a lot of water?

I hit my goal weight of 145. I keep bouncing from 145 - 147 but it was only when I was consuming less water.

Saturday I was 147 and Sunday I was 144.4. Saturday was my birthday so all I ate was junk food but I made sure to drink that water. I didn't even exercise that day. Didn't even workout on Friday!

So you probably didn't gain weight and could just be water retention! =)
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Just needed to vent. I was 2 kgs away from hitting my first goal so just a bit down that now its 4 kgs away LOL

Thinking i should really stop getting on the scales so much, its starting to get counter productive and I had the same problem last time i tried to loose weight for summer.

I'm thinking the salt rimmed margaritas on sunday had something to do with the 2 kgs.. off to drink more water... :drinker:

YES! stop weighing yourself so often! I was doing it too but I was going insane! Up 3 one day, down 1 the next, and so on and so on. Now I only weigh in once a week, that's it. Also, drink TONS and TONS of water while drinking, before drinking, after drinking :)
  • JenUB
    JenUB Posts: 84
    Options
    It's not real weight, just water weight.

Friday night I had a few drinks and Saturday we went to Red Robin. (Such good fries.) :blushing: I gained 5 pounds in 24 hours. Yesterday I exercised and ate a ton of watermelon and lost 4 pounds overnight.

I routinely gain 7 or 8 pounds in water weight pretty much every weekend. :noway: Then during the week I diet real hard, exercise, drink lots of water, and eat a lot of melon (a natural diuretic), and it comes back off after 3-4 days. Then I start all over again Friday night. :ohwell:
  • aechristy
    aechristy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i don't know if this helps but i always weigh myself on the same day of the week, (usually monday at the gym in the morning) so i get a more consistent read of my real weight cause i've noticed i fluctuate about 2 or 3 pounds depending on if i have eaten or worked out or showered or if i've had a lot of water.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Just get back on track and drink tons of water, in a few days you will be fine....Don't stress yourself, unless you never plan to drink again.
  • snailshoe
    Options
    I agree. Stop weighing so often - it'll only get you depressed with the daily ups and downs in your weight. I only step on the scales once a week.
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    Just get back on track and drink tons of water, in a few days you will be fine....Don't stress yourself, unless you never plan to drink again.

I was contemplating never drinking again :noway: :bigsmile: but I'm not a big drinker anyway so will have to get over this weight gain.

Ok will now only weigh in on fridays and i WILL NOT step on scales after the weekend... :grumble:
  • kaylamarie80
    Options
    Aw dont even worry!!!! Alcohol is terrible and has soooo many calories! Sugar and salt can bloat you!! Just put into consideration that you will have to work out a little bit harder this weekend! It is definitely not the end of the world you are doing excellent!! Keep up the hard work!!!
  • Olblueiiii
    Olblueiiii Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've read that your body will use alcohol for fuel before it will use your body fat. So until all the alcohol is out of your system, your body isn't going to burn any fat, and you're not going to lose any weight. In my personal experience, it seems to be true. This may have been a contributing factor, but we all know that our weight CAN very greatly from day to day due to water and other things. But your doing well anyway. Congratulations on your success so far!