Pączki Day! and Mine's Only 219 calores

It's Fat Thursday in Poland... meaning Polish people around the world are enjoying their pączki.
My mom made a batch this morning and after being a calorie counter for several years, I've finally decided to put her recipe into MFP to see the amount of calories. I was shocked at the low 219 calories, and that taking into account the jam filling and oil used for frying. That's less calories than the cookies I get at Tim Hortons!

tumblr_n1o1umcoed1qbt0fso1_500.jpg
With sugar glaze on top it's approx. 248 calories.

Replies

• _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Those look yummy!
  • tectactoe
    tectactoe Posts: 73 Member
    Care to share the recipe ?!

219 cals is lower than most regular donuts!!
  • tectactoe
    It's Fat Thursday in Poland... meaning Polish people around the world are enjoying their pączki.
    My mom made a batch this morning and after being a calorie counter for several years, I've finally decided to put her recipe into MFP to see the amount of calories. I was shocked at the low 219 calories, and that taking into account the jam filling and oil used for frying. That's less calories than the cookies I get at Tim Hortons!

tumblr_n1o1umcoed1qbt0fso1_500.jpg
    With sugar glaze on top it's approx. 248 calories.

No recipe then? :o(
  • PrairieSlims
    PrairieSlims Posts: 42 Member
    Yes, where is the recipe??? YUMMY!!!!
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    I'll have to ask my mom if I can post it :P
  • Iggy585
    Iggy585 Posts: 104 Member
    I used to eat those a lot as a kid when I was in Poland. I'll have to look up how much naleśniki are ,....:laugh:
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Look yummy! I haven't had them since my Babcia made them for me. I would love the recipe also.
  • tectactoe
    Dear lord, everyone in the office is bringing in Paczki today.... so hard to resist :o(

This recipe needs to be posted before I go insane & eat about six of them today... x_x