P90X users - recovery drink

Options
i have searched and searched for a different recovery drink, and just couldn't find one that compares to the p90x recovery formula. either it wouldn't have creatine, or it wouldn't have arginine, or L-glutamine. because those are the key ingredients in the stuff that you take to "recover" but it's finally figured a much better solution. not sure why i didn't think of this earlier, because i'm a member to GNC, and if you buy the three ingredients separately (the arginine is a pill, but the other two are non-flavored powders (or they do have flavored ones, but they contain calories)) and the stuff lasts for about 4ish months depending if you use more or less or more than once a day. but all you do is add the powders to your favorite diet or light juice, or regular but there's more calories there too, and stir, there's honestly no taste, period! and all three ingredients cost like a total of 45 dollars, instead of 55 from the website plus shipping. so don't be discouraged, there is an alternative!!! :D

Replies

• Uptopargolf
    Options
    Hmm.. I'm on my 3rd round of P90X and I have never used the recovery drink, I did drink chocolate milk for a while, I heard it was pretty close to the recovery drink. I just take my protein shake after, and it has seemed to be working fine.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    You can get those ingredients in a good whey protein.

Or you can venture over to www.trueprotein.com and customize your mix.
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am glad you posted this as I am looking for an alternative to the recovery drink! Is there a certain amount of the poweders i need to put in my juice?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Juice? Juice is very high on the glycemic index, I would recommend whole fruit.
  • thehealthyone
    Options
    Great topic and feedback! Thanks for posting!! have not been having a recovery drink..have chocolate milk every now and then..but do get in more protein as usual....just started wk 5..and have been considering adding one to my diet..do you guys do superpump too?
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I found that Myogenix Aftershock is the closest thing to the P90X recovery drink but better. The nutrition is a whole lot better plus it has joint recovery in it as well as all the other essential BCAA's and an amino stack for recovery. This stuff pretty much has it all, no stacking required. The flavors are amazing as well. I have tried the Orange and Pina Colada and both are delicious. You can find it on Amazon for about $25. I have also been interested in Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex. I am going to get it after I finish the Aftershock to try it out. It has less calories and carbs but almost double the protein, plus you can't go wrong with Optimum. Hope this helps.
  • thomasvision
    thomasvision Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I found that Myogenix Aftershock is the closest thing to the P90X recovery drink but better. The nutrition is a whole lot better plus it has joint recovery in it as well as all the other essential BCAA's and an amino stack for recovery. This stuff pretty much has it all, no stacking required. The flavors are amazing as well. I have tried the Orange and Pina Colada and both are delicious. You can find it on Amazon for about $25. I have also been interested in Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex. I am going to get it after I finish the Aftershock to try it out. It has less calories and carbs but almost double the protein, plus you can't go wrong with Optimum. Hope this helps.

Thanks Mountain Man for bringing up Myogenix Aftershock. I purchased a tub yesterday and after day 1 my wife and I have noticed that we were less sore today. Will see if I notice any strength changes after 2 weeks.
  • arodriguez24
    arodriguez24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I ended up selecting Endurox R4, its pretty much similar minus creatine(can be added if cheap creatine supplement). I get it a amazon for 35 bucks, why cheaper then the P90X recovery drink.