how often do you take progress pics?

Options
i'm thinking every ten pounds. what are you all doing?

Replies

• Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Every 2 months, I will take mine =)
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    not as often as I should....I've been slacking.....get busy and forget......and relying on the scale is SO not the answer....lol.....when I was being strict about it.....every couple of months....:)
  • mistress8956
    mistress8956 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Every 10 lbs/ once a month ish, mostly whenever I can remember not to forget :tongue:
  • brboydjr
    brboydjr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Atleast every quarter.
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I try to take mine every month if I remember haha I don't post on here though until it is a bigger number loss though
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I usually can't see a difference in my pics, but I usually take some every Monday when I weigh in. I also do measurements. I see differences in my weight and measurements but not the pics, but I know at few pounds at a time I won't.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I take them every month. The 16th of every month. I was actually surprised at how much smaller I looked compared to what the scale was telling me :-)
  • Needachange84
    Needachange84 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I just took mine yesterday and decided I will take them every 10 lbs :)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Once a month. The past two months I've been slacking off, and the scale has not moved at all. However, I'm still seeing changes in my progress photos.
  • michellewelch2010
    michellewelch2010 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Once a month. I'd never base it on weight loss. There are months where you may not lose a pound but could still be losing inches.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I don't. I hate having my picture taken. always have regardless of weight. there are pics of me of course (damn people with their cell phones) I do have comparisons, I can look back at shot's snapped of me around Christmas on Facebook and cringe, and there are a couple of more recent ones. I can really see it in my face since i have lost about 25 pounds since the cringe inducing shot
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I don't. I hate having my picture taken. always have regardless of weight. there are pics of me of course (damn people with their cell phones) I do have comparisons, I can look back at shot's snapped of me around Christmas on Facebook and cringe, and there are a couple of more recent ones. I can really see it in my face since i have lost about 25 pounds since the cringe inducing shot

Pretty much this. I wouldn't say I truly HATE photos of myself...but I don't encourage them usually ;-)

When I started out at my HW in 2008 there was NO WAY I was gonna brave a full-length shot.

By the time I got to my MFP start weight, I did take a couple of photos but they were pretty badly shot due to doing it myself in front of the mirror and I didn't feel like they really showed much of anything due to wearing baggy loungewear.

Now that I'm down 113 lb from the HW I kind of wish I'd taken photos all along...but I'm such a perfectionist freak, I would want them done in the same lighting at measured intervals etc etc. LOL

So I mostly judge the difference from photos. For example, my wedding photos in October versus Christmas photos from family. Or the candid shots at last March's auto show versus the ones I'll be in this March at the same event. Works for me.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I didn't take any to begin with, but I plan on starting to take monthly shots this month. I'm just over 20lbs down from SW, & it's a shame I don't have a "before" shot, but I'm hoping my "after" will be extreme enough of a difference as is!
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My family will take candid shots of me from time to time but I never take them.
  • MomOfRose
    MomOfRose Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I take mine every two weeks when I do my measurements for SL 5x5. Even every two weeks I can see a difference (if my kid actually focused the camera and didn't wobble when she pushed the shutter. ;) )
  • supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I will take one when I'm halfway to my goal and then when I reach it :)
  • bg192905
    bg192905 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Once a month. Gives me something to look forward to. I like seeing the changes.
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It varies, but I'll take progress pics at least every three months, and I'd like to have that be closer to every month. As I get closer to my goal weight, I don't know if my progress will show in my pictures, but I'd like to have the record. :-)
  • thatpixichick
    thatpixichick Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Once a month, on a day where I know I haven't just had a massive blow out on beer the night before :happy:
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I've been taking them about every 25 lbs, but I see value in what people have said. I may start taking monthly shots. I was not feeling like I was changing much, then I went down two belt holes in a week.

Thanks for asking the question and the answers. Food for thought.

edit for clarity