How many calories in a homemade UK pancake?

Options
Im not talking small scotch pancakes im talking the thinner ones almost like crepes that you cook for pancake day. Roughly how much per pancake thanks

Replies

• jmsspr93
    jmsspr93 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Cheers! , Would it make a HUGE difference if I switched to normal olive oil? As the only spray I have I dont believe is Olive
  • deadyankee
    Options
    I really wouldn't worry about it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you put in them... Just use the recipe builder.

That recipe looks interesting though! I make crepes but they are usually about 120 calories each. I might try that.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Olive oil isn't ideal for pancakes. Vegetable or sunflower would be better and for similar calories. I would enter your batter ingredients as a recipe, including the oil you use to cook them, and then amend your recipe's portions once you know how many pancakes it makes.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Vegetable oil has more calories than olive oil
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    PANCAKE DAY!? sounds delightful!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you're making them use the recipe builder rather than making up some wild guess. It is a fantastic tool and makes life so much easier!
  • vsprocket04
    vsprocket04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yum, i forgot it was pancake day tomorrow!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Put the ingredients into MFP as a recipe and work it out that way. The calories could differ a hell of a lot depending on what milk or eggs you are using and depending on toppings. The ones I make are around 200 calories but they're vegan so it will really depend on how you make them and the quantities.
  • Nightfall30
    Nightfall30 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I usually use this recipe - it's for 12-14, and 780ish for the whole recipe, so about 55-65.
  • Tangosgrandad
    Tangosgrandad Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything, read the nutritional guide on all the packets for all the ingredients that you use and work it out. Its simple maths and will very from shop to shop. Not difficult to get a grip on though.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Vegetable oil has more calories than olive oil

124 cals instead of 119 per tablespoon is similar enough in my book. Olive oil is more expensive and more strongly flavoured too. Not always what you want for a sweet dish.
  • DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    Options

I was just thinking the same thing! Sign me up!
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm going to log all the ingredients individually, same as I do with all homecooked meals.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options

Yep :) Shrove Tuesday. The day before the start of Lent.
  • bl1nk6
    bl1nk6 Posts: 175
    Options
    Pancake day tomorrow!!!!! yeay! :smile:
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I had a look around for something a bit savoury in the pancake line, found smoked salmon & cream cheese topping which should be just the tickety boo for tomorrow, may be lunch & dinner even
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I had a look around for something a bit savoury in the pancake line, found smoked salmon & cream cheese topping which should be just the tickety boo for tomorrow, may be lunch & dinner even

I should pick up some smoked salmon... I like it better with garlic and herb spreadable cheese though.

I just love them with ham, egg and cheese, personally... but homemade ones are usually too small for a whole egg, so it's a bit of a pain. I like light toppings so I can actually taste them.
  • missbirrell
    missbirrell Posts: 133
    Options
    My pancakes involve: eggs, milk, flour and spray light oil. I was wondering how to track it, because I have to cook for both me and my partner, but I think I'll just make my own mix, weigh everything like normal and track that way. And then weigh toppings.