Fasted cardio

Options
Sakye
Sakye Posts: 31 Member
How many times a week do you do some?
I'm trying to go 2x/week + 4x/week weight lifting.

Replies

• 3P0X
    3P0X Posts: 302
    Options
    3 - 4 times
  • Sakye
    Options
    :)
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Maybe once, but most of the days I am going in to weight train so cardio is an after thought and i cant lift on an empty stomach.

When I start doing cardio more as I cut I do find time to go in 1-2 days a week just to do plyos and cardio.
  • Sakye
    Options
    I lift on the morning as well and it's always before eating anything. I heard it's better for fat lost, as well as fasted cardio, but that's not why I lift fasted. It's because I get really nauseous if I workout with a full stomach :P
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I was doing 5x a week but I've now moved my cardio to lunchtimes. I can go harder when I've eaten, i would struggle just to walk on an incline when doing fasting cardio. Just not for me :)
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I lift on the morning as well and it's always before eating anything. I heard it's better for fat lost, as well as fasted cardio, but that's not why I lift fasted. It's because I get really nauseous if I workout with a full stomach :P

Fasted cardio is pointless. Yes you will burn more fat during the fasted cardio, but because you did cardio fasted, your body will store fat after the workout. The net result is that whether you did the cardio fasted or you did it fed, you will have the exact same outcome.
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i´m trying to do 40 minutes every day. it ends up with 5 times a week though most of the time
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i find that i am able to go a lot longer and harder if I have eaten dinner first. thats just me.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    2x to 3x a week but it's not necessarily intentional. I've never eaten before AM workouts. Just doesn't sit well in my stomach and my am workouts are intense and I've never had a problem where I thought eating first would have made a difference. I've heard pros and cons for both.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    How many times a week do you do some?

Not if I can avoid it. I could do about 5Km on an empty stomach, but I wouldn't get the pace. More than that I'd burn out.

Before a long run I'll eat about 500 cals, 30-45 minutes ahead of heading out.