Friends that Workout at Home

Options
13»

Replies

• Dressdrive10
    Dressdrive10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I workout at Home. I have a few DVDs that I like.

I tend to do 20 minute stretches of HIT training and of yoga, which I really love.

Feel free to friend me.
  • asprettyasme
    Options
    I work out strictly at home. I don't even own weights, a yoga mat, or fitness clothes. I've been doing pilates with Cassey Ho on Blogilates.com for about 5 months now and this month is my 6th month. I didn't think I was going to last this long and that's why I didn't bother to buy any equipment LOL. But pilates have given me so much confidence that now I am about to buy everything I need and I am about to take my fitness up to a whole new level. I feel so much more bold and I feel like a real fitness person! I use to be ashamed of working out, especially if I worked out in public but now I feel confident that I can workout in public and I think I am finally ready to start doing so. Hang in there girl! You will grow out of this awkward phase, just give yourself some time.
  • t1234567
    t1234567 Posts: 6
    Options
    Adding myself to this thread because of the great suggestions...and I LOVE working out at home! I need the motivation of a voice telling me what to do and like the comfort of my own space, so home works best for me!

I've been doing videos and am a super beginner so I like Leslie Sansone fpr cardio and skinnyms.com for some light body weight/strength
  • swordfish1261
    Options
    Hya, I have tried the gym a few times, but always feel like I'm doing everything wrong and everyones looking at me.Then I lose all interest in it, wasting the membership fee again. So I am slowly building up my own little home gym. I prefer it and and I've managed to keep it up for a couple months now, I know thats not great but it's good for me lol.
    Anyone please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • boostednorm
    boostednorm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I workout at home by running outside or on my treadmill. I have previously done two rounds of Insanity, one round of Power 90 and a round of P90X. Currently I'm training for a marathon so mostly running outdoors.

-Norm
  • Christinelmt78
    Options
    I too workout at home, I get severe anxiety at a gym and it has nothing to do with people judging me, I just get bad anxiety .. I have discovered pop physique ( I don't think it's that new but I just heard of it) I started that today and I love it .. It's based off of Pilates which I also love.. I also do total body sculpt that I have been doing for years.. It's like a circuit training with light weights.. I have an iPad that I just pull videos up on from the internet and do them that way.. Fell off the wagon a few years ago and trying to jump back on and tone back up...-feel free to add me
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I workout at home too :) I have two small children so trying to find time to get to a gym doesn't work right now. Lol
  • kmac0001
    kmac0001 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I also work out only at home. I love Cathe Friedrich videos and some by Jari Love. Cathe Friedrich is by far the best, though, IMO, because she has so many serious strength training ones. Right now I'm trying to figure out when to purchase a squat rack because I've worked up in weight. Anyone can add me if they'd like. I don't log my exercise on here though.
  • frapangel
    Options
    Do you anything that could be used for weight lifting at home other than weights?
  • mikkella
    mikkella Posts: 4
    Options
    I've done all of the P90x's, Insanity, Asylum, etc... and I prefer working out in my living room where I can swear at the TV. lol

I do have a planet fitness membership that I use occasionally just to change things up. I work nights, so going isn't an issue as it's usually me, and two or three other people. For me that is a HUGE step, as once upon a time I wouldn't of stepped foot inside that place.

I love crazy races. Tough Mudder, Spartan, mini marathons. I got hurt in a mudder last year in August. Snapped my knee cap to the side, and have been out of commission for 6 months. I'm Just NOW able to start training again, and damn it's hard to know where I WAS, vs where I am NOW.

But it's a new day. :) I'll find that girl again.

Feel free to add me.
  • xenoa
    xenoa Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Also working out at home, it's providing more freedom to cry/cuss/scream/grunt/jiggle and sweat all over the place without anyone staring at me. Anyone feel free to add me. :)
  • kmac0001
    kmac0001 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    LOL! I love the last two posts.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't know how many times I have yelled at Shaun T or Tony Horton. My hubby does the same thing. Planet fitness. LOL I love their commercials. I would so be setting of their lunk alarms as I tend to breathe heavy or moan and groan when I work out. Why? because I am WORKING. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7gzmoqmL7g