Extremely hungry before period?

Options
2»

Replies

• SunsetSafari
    Options
    I'm having that problem right now... it's driving me crazy. Generally, I feel so hungry that I can't sleep, I eat something. I just try to keep it healthy like some fruit, cooked brocolli, or even a slice of bread with a little peanut butter, but try to stay away from the sweets, salts, etc...:explode:
  • Ketzalitzli
    Ketzalitzli Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been feeling the same thing! I just want to eat anything I can get my hands on! But rather, during this time I usually experiment with different types of bean soups. Beans being a good source of fiber and are filling plus the broth is water based so that fills me up faster too and I don't have to feel guilty about lagging on calories if I eat a second helping. I also eat Greek yogurt for a desert or snack in moderation. Plus, increase your fiber intake and load up on green veggies. You can also air pop some popcorn. As long as your not loading on butter and salt you should be good with that.

If your craving sweets, freeze some bananas and once frozen puree them and add some chocolate powder and make your own "ice cream". Another thing that helps me is even though I'm tired, just getting up and walking around the block every now and then helps. If you sit down, your mind is going to trick you into thinking your hungry when your just hormonal and bored. Just some ideas. :heart:
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Absolutely I'm more hungry the few days before my period starts. I still stick to my calorie goal though. Don't let it knock you off the wagon, just make better choices so you can eat more/more often.
  • CrazyLovelyMe
    Options
    I do eat more during TOM and it does throw me off track. I won't do hungry or be miserable. I've started taking Yaz birth control strictly for this reason and so far it has helped. There is always some sort of solution, you just have to find it.
  • t1234567
    t1234567 Posts: 6
    Options
    I know the jury's out on multivitamins but....
    I've noticed that since beginning to take a multivitamin somewhat regularly (like 5-6 days a week, no way I'm going to remember every day!) my PMS symptoms have pretty much disappeared, at least compared to what I used to have which was pretty close to PMDD. I still notice a bit of extra hunger, and I eat to satisfy it, but that's because it's not this crazy gnawing bottomless pit feeling I had before, so it actually can be satisfied with a few extra snacks.

The vitamin I take specifically mentions that PMS symptoms will reduce, and if you want the name just ask me. I don't want to post it and seem as though I'm promoting it (especially as I'm sure all multivitamins have much of the same.)
  • seglass1
    seglass1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes..me too! On top of feeling hungry, cramps in tummy and legs add to the misery!
    Yesterday I felt like I wanted to eat all day long - I tried to fill up on crunchy things that took longer to eat. Carrots, Pretzels and naked popcorn and lots of mugs of peppermint tea. Even then reckoned I ate 2500 so 1000 over my normal 1500 cals a day.
    So today it feels like it's over apart from some residual pain and I popped tylnol for that!

I am making up for it today and had a protein shake for breakfast and BIG hearty bowls of veggie soup lunch and dinner - totalling 800 cals for the day. I'll do this for just two days to make up for my uncontrolled eating.
    I read a great book - 'French Women don't get Fat' a and that's what they do - if they gorge one day then they undo the damage the following couple of days before going back to 'normal'.
    Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • 3P0X
    3P0X Posts: 302
    Options
    this-is-actually-very-interesting-thumb.jpg
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I tend to go with the rule of eat exactly what you crave so you won't eat tonnes of other stuff too
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have to be very careful with cravings during this time. A) I am insatiable and B) emotionally I'm either mad or feeling sorry for myself, haha. Very dangerous dieting territory for me.

I must not start eating chips or chocolate during this time because I know I will not stop until it is gone. I just don't so I avoid. I'll have chips in a few days when I can eat a serving and be done.

Know yourself!
  • bnoelia1
    bnoelia1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I Get hungry constantly during the day about 2 weeks before my period... It is very frustrating because even if I don't want to eat my stomach starts rumbling like I hadn't eaten all day ... I am not worry about the calories but It does jams my digestive system

I was hoping this is normal, I don't feel as bad now