What is your at home workout with minimal equipment??

Options
I live in a SUPER small town there are no big fancy gyms close by to work out in so your pretty much left to your own devices. I just started on my weight los journey after much yo-yo and crash dieting. I am currently doing "The Biggest Loser" Cardio Max DVD right now and loving the motivation of the guides and how the moves can be altered to beginners or those who are not as physically able to do them. I just have a set of hand weights for now...

Looking for some new workouts I can do at home that will be effective!??

Replies

• katielshelby
    katielshelby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I use Fitness Blender videos via YouTube. They are awesome.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Pilates. Planks. Burpees. Look on YouTube, you can find tons of workouts using just your own body for resistance.
  • susie3g
    susie3g Posts: 267
    Options
    My OnDemand channel on cable has a "fitness and sports" section FILLED with all different kinds of exercise routines for beginner, intermediate, and advanced. If you have OnDemand, I would definitely recommend checking it out!
  • miniformatlerin
    Options
    Im using Fitnessblender too. You can find them on Youtube or search for their website. There are so many calories and it's such a big variety. From Pilates to HIIT to 5-minute long workouts and some to burn 1000 calories. I love them because you can do something different every day and still have fun (and i hate sports.. ^^)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I live in a SUPER small town there are no big fancy gyms close by to work out in so your pretty much left to your own devices. I just started on my weight los journey after much yo-yo and crash dieting. I am currently doing "The Biggest Loser" Cardio Max DVD right now and loving the motivation of the guides and how the moves can be altered to beginners or those who are not as physically able to do them. I just have a set of hand weights for now...

Looking for some new workouts I can do at home that will be effective!??

collagevideo.com is a great resource for looking up DVD info

http://www.collagevideo.com/

You get a list of equipment required, impact level, fitness level, choreography level....and a video clip. The video clip will let you know if there are any modifiers.

I like Kelly Coffey Meyer DVDs ....she has a series 30 Minutes to fitness....the DVDs generally have 2 -30 minute workouts & lots of premixes to keep it fresh. I like this one: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/kelly-coffeys-30-min-to-fitness-start-here-6097
    ..................and this one: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/kelly-coffeys-30-min-to-fitness-your-best-body-6107
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My OnDemand channel on cable has a "fitness and sports" section FILLED with all different kinds of exercise routines for beginner, intermediate, and advanced. If you have OnDemand, I would definitely recommend checking it out!

Yep! I use OnDemand videos for my kickboxing, target areas, and yoga workouts. YouTube has a lot of videos as well, like Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred.
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender!! Love them. I also made my own weights. I use old laundry detergent bottles as kettlebells.
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    currently working my way through Jillian Michael's ripped in 30. I'm using 10lbers for the first two circuits and 5lbers for the last. I tried out pop pilates for a week but couldn't get into it.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    This! I love their videos!
    I use Fitness Blender videos via YouTube. They are awesome.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Yoga. ZERO equipment aside from my mat! :)

BUT... I've said it before and I'll say it again... my Wii did wonders. EA Sports Personal Trainer - amazing. Lost my first 35 pounds using just that and MFP.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    DDP Yoga.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Insanity
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    it depends on your budget of course, but walmart is your friend in this case.....I have Brazil Butt Lift....all that is needed is a set of 5lb ankle weights and 5lb dumbbells....I also have p90x which I bought on a buy and sell website...if you have one in your area, check it out to see if anyone is selling anything like that....I also have Chalean Extreme....I bought that one and BBL from the beachbody website....a larger investment for sure, but cheaper in the long run than an ongoing gym membership which I can't afford right now....I love all three of these programs and I also bought a Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 for about $10 at walmart....I'm going to get her abs one too.....as well as things that other posters are suggesting, you might want to take a look at these....they have worked for me.....I did make a major investment in a set of Bowflex Select Tech dumbells so I can dial up and down and only need one set of weights....I live in a small apartment so I don't have room for lots of equipment......best of luck with your journey....:)
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    If you have an iphone or ipad, get the Hot5 app. I love it. It's tons of 5 minute workouts to target whatever area you want. Plus it syncs with MFP so cals burned are calculated. Can't beat that! Oh, and it's FREE!
  • stephilderton
    stephilderton Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Look for beginner Workout of the Day (WOD) plans online. They are almost entirely bodyweight, and will kick your bootay.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred.
  • iamMLH
    iamMLH Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Insanity or P90x-x3
  • Vonikins
    Vonikins Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've been using virtuagym as it has a website and app so I can run a workout program whenever, wherever. The audio "encouragements" are a little goofy since it's run by a german company, but the workouts are straight forward and they have a good selection for no and minimal equipment.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com. Seriuosly awesome.
  • boostednorm
    boostednorm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Should be able to find a good assortment of video's giving you a good workout with those hand weights. Also Insanity is great along with all the other beachbody video's.

-Norm