Any good low cal tzatziki sauce recipes out there?

Options
I love me some good tzatziki sauce for dipping veggies in, just wondering if any of you had a good recipe you'd be willing to share! Thanks

Replies

• cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't have any recipes to share. I just wanted to tell you my stomach did a little flip (in a good way) at the mention of tzatziki. I love that stuff. The restaurant I used to work in made some of the best I've had. Mmm...tzatziki...
  • FinallyDoingMe
    FinallyDoingMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
  • NU2014
    NU2014 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Funny I just made some a couple weeks ago!
    Plain greek yogurt, one cucumber, a few cloves of garlic, fresh lemon juice and some fresh dill. I used one small chobani yogurt cup. I also skin the cucumber. Blend all ingredients except the yogurt. Blend or pulse until you reach your desired consistency. Fold into the yogurt gently. Lasted me for four meals and its only about 150 calories total! Plus it was super easy to make and quick too.
  • bmondloch
    bmondloch Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I make my own tzatziki sauce when I make grilled lamb burger pitas. You can use greek yogurt but I just use the cheap plain yogurt and let the liquid drain. I put a wet paper towel in a colander, put the yogurt in and weight it down for about 15 minutes. I eyeball the quantity of ingredients so here it goes. It all depends on how many people you are trying to feed.

Plain Yogurt (about half of a large container)
    Minced garlic to taste (less than a tsp)
    1/2 cucumber seeded and grated, squeeze out liquid
    chopped mint (I get the packages from the grocery store and use some for this and most for the burgers)
    chopped dill (I get the packages from the grocery store and use some for this and most for the burgers)
    splash lime juice
    salt and pepper to taste

Hope you like it
  • snappyapples
    Options
    You have me intrigued with grilled lamb pita burgers... care to explain more??
  • TLC7613
    TLC7613 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    MMmmmmm This sounds amazing!! Try looking on Pinterest. I've seen a few good ones on there.
  • bmondloch
    bmondloch Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You have me intrigued with grilled lamb pita burgers... care to explain more??

Lamb burgers are very simple really. Ground lamb with chopped mint and dill mixed in. I make them 6 ounces. I grill them outside. Be careful of flareups on your grill as the fat drips away. I have an infrared grill so the flareups are not a problem just quite a bit of smoke. Makes the neighbors jealous I think. Cut the pita bread in half and open up to form a pocket. Add the sauce and dig in.