What is your at home workout with minimal equipment??

Options

Replies

• Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Checkout Hasfit.
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Down load Utorrent then go to Piratebay and download whatever fitness dvds you need reading material included as PDF's. I love you goodnight
  • MildredBarhopper
    MildredBarhopper Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    for cardio, I also use Fitnessblender and just started using videos from XHIT and Popsugar Fitness. For weight training, I am doing body weight exercises from the book "Body by You" by Mark Lauren.
  • MissLCWolff
    MissLCWolff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Blogilates (www.blogilates.com) is a great, structured way to work out at home--all you need is an internet connection and a floor, and the trainer makes calendars for you to follow each month, as well as one for beginners to follow. A 6-8 inch aerobics step is also pretty great for cardio workouts like step aerobics and jump training, and you should be able to get one online or at a big box store like Costco or Walmart.
  • flet2
    flet2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have the Sworkit app which is great for quick cardio and they hit some basic strength type stuff in there too. I also got the app "you are your own gym" which is all body weight plus household stuff like chair/table etc. I don't really love the way it's laid out and you can't customize in all the ways i'd like but it's a decent app for the $1.99, good place to start or for a quick workout when you need someone to just tell you what to do to mix it up though.

I'm currently doing my own tweaked variation of this guys program- http://www.startbodyweight.com/ He has a nifty little info graphic you can print out that shows you every variation of the exercises.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have a ton of home equipment that I purchased throughout the years. My favorite is my elliptical I got on craigslist for 80.00. Use it like crazy doing HIIT training or ladders (look it up best cardio to do). Then I have a ton of hand weights that you can purchase at Walmart for cheap. That paired with an exercise ball can give you just about everything you need to workout on. There are 100’s of things you can do on an exercise ball with weights! To mix things up I do workout video's but only when bored. 3 days cardio, 3 weights, at about 20-30 min apiece is all you need.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have a HIIT app on my phone. The one I have is from UOVO and it's a 7 minute workout.

I also have a FitBit which is the best fitness investment I've ever made.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Many legit gals here swear by Fitness blender, also check out http://www.zuzkalight.com/ and http://www.bodyrock.tv/

Zuzanna at zuzkalight.com used to do body rock and a lot of those videos are on youtube as well.

You can totally whip yourself at home, Jump rope, push ups, planks, burpees etc. I do many workouts at home with kettlebells and a pull up bar

No worries about gym distances, I am not sure if I will ever go again
  • scorpiana89
    scorpiana89 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I recommend Jillian Micheals workouts because she has a really nice big selection and can make your own schedule or just follow what she has going on. 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 are her most popular and are great for following back-to-back. Less than $8 each on Amazon, available digitally and in DVD, and I think has alot of bang for the buck since her workouts average for 30 days per program at least. She also has a Body Revolution program that is a little pricier, but goes for 12 weeks so is worth it. Also great to start with something and stick with it beginning to end and she really progresses nicely in this one.

Personally I also like Focus T25 from Beachbody. I think this is more ideal for losing a good amount of weight quickly (but sustainably) because the calorie burn is very high for most of the workouts.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    My Default: MY TWO FEET.

I can walk as fast as I can and/or jog up and down my steps as much as I'd like and I put on the tunes and DANCE for a solid 40 some minutes.

All the other stuff is BONUS.

I knew when I started this journey many years ago, that IF i had to depend on being at a gym to maintain my weight once I hit my goal, I'd be screwed.

SO I never built it into my MUST DO routine.
    All I did was walk.
    And park further away in the parking lot.
    And push carts back into the stores, not leave them in the parking lot corrals.
    And take steps- jog up them if I could.

Later, I added weights- hand/ankle to increase the toning and burn
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I walk while watching Netflix.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I googled circuit training workouts and then looked for images of each exercises.
    I have a binder full of exercises now.

I also went to garage sales and purchased fitness DVD's and bought a few too.
    I use cans for my hand weights or use a pair of ankle weights
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Does 'minimal equipment' include a home made power cage, olympic weights and a bench? Didn't cost me much :).

Pair of trainers or a push bike are stored at home and don't up much space for cardio :).
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I googled circuit training workouts and then looked for images of each exercises.
    I have a binder full of exercises now.

Me Too!! I love my binders! Googling them was the best and cheapest ever!
  • RhysWill_I_Ams
    Options
    I used to work in a prison and the inmates there did what they call 20 and down workout. You pick and exercise and do 20 of them such as push ups plank sit ups burpees high knee jumps etc
    Once the had done 20 they counted to 20 then did 19, once done counted to 19 and then 18 and so on and so on. I tried it and it was a killer. Do 3 exercises and its a ridiculous way to work your core and help work yourself out.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Look up Tabata workouts, they have little to no equipment ;)
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Nike+ Training Club App! I can't say enough good things about that App! Awesome, awesome, awesome!
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    DVDs. lots of DVDs and youtube. With so little time to go to the gym, these help me a lot to stay on track. You just have to stay motivated and focused.
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    I use resistance bands and find the work outs on utube
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Google "You Are Your Own Gym."