How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Question... How often do you weigh yourself?
I have been weighing myself every morning right after I wake up.
I feel like it keeps me motivated!

How about you?
Do you find it easier to weigh yourself once a week?

Replies

• JulieTX86
    Options
    daily... whoopsie! :)

can't help it... but I don't let it rule my day. If its up then I know it could be a fluctuation, or I use it as motivation to really stay on track, and if it's down then I am really excited, in a great mood, and want to keep making the number go down!
  • ashleygrob
    Options
    Yeah I feel the same way!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I do it about weekly, but then I am gaining weight in purpose (mostly muscle).
  • pickyvicky8
    Options
    I weight myself every morning as well. I've lost 91 lbs since April of 2009 and have another 29 to go, it does keep me on track. I have gained a bit back a couple of times and those were the times when on someone elses advice, I stoped weighing every day. Daily re-enforcement is some thing that some people need and I'm one o them. :)
  • snailshoe
    Options
    I only weigh once a week! I couldn't do it every day myself.
  • dxing
    dxing Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You should probably do it once a week, under as similar conditions as possible. Ideally, right in the morning. Weight fluctuates constantly due to water retention, sodium intake, etc. It's a terrible way of judging physical health. Rely on the tape measure and the mirror.
  • sandi50lock
    sandi50lock Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every ,morning but that is a bad idea but i cannot help it
  • Jrak1980
    Jrak1980 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning also. I know my weight fluctuates daily but it's a good motivator for me. I would love to do it weekly, but I just can't :)
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I used to do it once a week but now I do it every morning when I get up, it is definitely keeping me motivated. When I was weighing myself once a week I would slip thinking it would be okay and then a day turned into months. I just started weighing every day and I am way more happier now...and it keeps me on track when I lose even .1 pound a day. When I want to go off track I think of the weigh in the next morning and it makes me rethink eating something I shouldn't. Hope this helps.
  • CesarPerez
    Options
    once a week if not once every two weeks
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning, but I have hidden my scales and am trying to do it only once a week. My weight fluctuates up to 2 pounds a day (even at the same time in the same clothes etc) and I end up feeling pants all day due to fluctuations, not FUN
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    Options
    I was told by my Dr. & trainer that one should weigh themself once a week...some ppl get hung up weighing daily & when they do'nt see a change frustration occurs.
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I weight myself once a week, and I take full tape measurements once every 3-4 weeks.
  • mcthomason
    Options
    I am guilty of weighing myself daily. I too think that it motivates me into staying accountable for what I eat daily. However, I do not record a weight loss except on Thursdays. My weight will vary up to 2 pounds from day to day, but I do like to see that what I am doing works. I just have to be disciplined not to let it effect my moods. Which was very hard the first couple of weeks, but then when 3 - 4 pounds feel off the scale and stayed gone it was kinda worth it.

I think it depends on each individual person.