Off the Wagon

Options
Late Ive fallen off the wagon. I ate mcdonalds and keep binge eatting. I really want to gain self control. When you fall off the wagon how do you gain that determination and control? Feeling a bit down..

Replies

• chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Read the "Just for today" thread. It's a great reminder that each day is easy to get through. When you think about never eating junk food again, it is daunting.

I'm not going to eat fast food today is much easier than I'll never eat fast food again.

Good luck to you.
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    When I screw up my calories, I try my hardest to make up for it the next day and for the rest of the week. Whatever you do, don't let that one bad day set the tone for a whole bad week. Move on from your mistake and think of how you can change your habits to not do it again.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    just remember how good it feels when you DO hit your calorie/macro goals.

dont think of mcdonalds as "bad" food....you can have it, just make sure it fits within your allowances.

rather than feeling down, dust yourself off and DO the damn thing! in order to gain the determination and self control, you just have to want it bad enough to make it yours.
  • Janlo26
    Janlo26 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    "The great thing about starting back at square one is all that open space out in front of you." This has helped me twice when I got out of the healthy habits. (Yes, I'm starting over for the second time.) Starting over gives you the chance to start doing something different and make it happen the way YOU want it to happen. You can do this!
  • cindyb327
    cindyb327 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i just realize that i'm not perfect and like someone else said i try to learn from it. for example, i know that if i start eating sweets i may keep going so i try not to start. one time i had lunch with a friend and she gave me part of her brownie...by the end of the day i had probably 2 candy bars, 3 cookies, etc. i also say to myself that 'now is a new moment' or tomorrow is a new day. i just realize that at least i'm trying and doing more than the usual.
    one thing that keeps me on track is eating healthier...by eating nutritious foods you don't have the urge to over eat the bad stuff. (easier said than done, i know)
    god's peace.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to stick to too great of a calorie deficit or some unrealistic food restrictions? Those can tend to lead people to falling off metaphorical wagons.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Basically I've learned that one meal choice or one day over is not the end of the world. I just keep going. Nowhere on MFP does it say that the only way to lose, is to be perfect Learn to move on and get back on your program.

Hopefully you are not restricting your calories too deeply. That's a recipe for disaster. Here are a couple of links that are helpful: ''

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexy+pants

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    just remember how good it feels when you DO hit your calorie/macro goals.

dont think of mcdonalds as "bad" food....you can have it, just make sure it fits within your allowances.

rather than feeling down, dust yourself off and DO the damn thing! in order to gain the determination and self control, you just have to want it bad enough to make it yours.

^This.

So you had fast food. That was one meal, don't make it your next or your next or even your next. Put some space between you and the "binge". Keep moving forward in incrementally correct directions.

I hope you find what works but don't berate yourself. Be nice to the future you and make a concerted effort to improve your daily intake. If you plan accordingly in the future McDs won't be a binge but a budgeted meal.

:flowerforyou: