Cruising in 3 months! Anyone else have a 3-month goal?

Options
Hi everyone!

I have been struggling with getting back on the weight loss wagon for a while now. Lost 45 pounds about eight years ago; but, sadly, put on 18 (yikes!) since then.

I have a family cruise in just three months and I would like to strive for a 2-pound-a-week weight loss. I am a vegetarian, so protein is always an issue for me. I am 5'3" and, ugh, 192 right now.

Anyone wanna join me in my three-month challenge? Or just wanna have a support buddy?

Replies

• 3P0X
    3P0X Posts: 302
    Options
    I need to gain weight but I am willing to support where I can.
  • kb1927
    kb1927 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am starting where you are (5'4" and 192), and I'm also striving for a 2-pound-a-week loss to gear up for my 30th birthday in June! I don't post much (okay, never before now) on the forums, but I log every day. Also, I am not currently a vegetarian, but I have been and try to get non-animal protein when I can! I love lentils and black beans and am always trying to think up new ways to convince my husband that they are delicious.

Here's to being healthier in three months!
  • bevtyndall
    bevtyndall Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Whats your plan to lose?
  • Ketzalitzli
    Ketzalitzli Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm 5'1" and 168 and looking to loose 2lb a week as well. Totally not vegetarian but I have been steadily decreasing meat and animal proteins and increasing my green food intake. Any advise you have for recipes would help me immensely! :smile:
  • J3nnyBeanz
    J3nnyBeanz Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm in in three months I have my son's birthday party and a dress I can't exactly fit just yet. I am 5'4" and 205.5. I would like to lose 5 ounds a month, 15 pounds by May, 25th
  • bobbiejof33
    Options
    I would love a buddy. I am getting married in 3 months, and 5'3 and have over 100 lbs to lose. Though not in 3 months. I am doing zumba, tabata ( an interval training system) and piyo (mix of Pilates and yoga) to hopelly drop 2-3lbs a week and lose approx. 6" across my back so my dress fits nice :) Feel free to add me :)
  • jerseygirl227
    jerseygirl227 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am starting where you are (5'4" and 192), and I'm also striving for a 2-pound-a-week loss to gear up for my 30th birthday in June! I don't post much (okay, never before now) on the forums, but I log every day. Also, I am not currently a vegetarian, but I have been and try to get non-animal protein when I can! I love lentils and black beans and am always trying to think up new ways to convince my husband that they are delicious.

Here's to being healthier in three months!

Thanks for posting!

This was my very first post. I figure support is a good thing, right? I plan on checking in everyday. :)
  • jerseygirl227
    Options
    I need to gain weight but I am willing to support where I can.

Awesome! Feel free to post away. We all have different ways in which we need to be healthier. :)
  • jerseygirl227
    Options
    Whats your plan to lose?

I am going to keep track of things here on the site. I am also going to increase my protein and decrease my carbs. Doc has told me to cut down on the carbs, but it is so hard. I like my bread, lol. Am also going to cut out beer. I don't drink a ton, but I know I should cut out those calories.

My boyfriend and I have a gym membership and we also do a lot of walking together. I have signed up for a run in April, so that will motivate me to exercise as well.
  • jerseygirl227
    Options
    Count me in! I'm 5'1" and 168 and looking to loose 2lb a week as well. Totally not vegetarian but I have been steadily decreasing meat and animal proteins and increasing my green food intake. Any advise you have for recipes would help me immensely! :smile:

Great!!!

I do a lot of the meat alternatives, mostly soy products. I do have a great bean chili recipe though. I made it once and it was delicious! My sister got me a slower cooker vegetarian recipe book for Christmas, so I plan on making some of the healthy meals in there soon. I will share once I know which ones are the good ones!
  • jerseygirl227
    Options
    I'm in in three months I have my son's birthday party and a dress I can't exactly fit just yet. I am 5'4" and 205.5. I would like to lose 5 ounds a month, 15 pounds by May, 25th

Sounds like a plan! I think five pounds a month is a reasonable goal. I, too, have a dress that I would like to wear on my cruise. I know I can pull it off with 2 pounds a week.

WE CAN DO IT!!!!
  • Boozie311
    Boozie311 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HI! I AM GOING TO INDIANA TO SEE MY SISTER THE END OF MAY AND WOULD LOVE TO BE DOWN AT LEAST 20LBS. I HAVENT SEEN HER IN A YEAR AND WANT TO LOOK NEW AND IMPROVED WHEN MAY ROLLS AROUND! I NEED A MOTIVATION BUDDY! MY ULTIMATE GOAL IS TO LOSE 60LBS AT LEAST!
  • jerseygirl227
    Options
    I would love a buddy. I am getting married in 3 months, and 5'3 and have over 100 lbs to lose. Though not in 3 months. I am doing zumba, tabata ( an interval training system) and piyo (mix of Pilates and yoga) to hopelly drop 2-3lbs a week and lose approx. 6" across my back so my dress fits nice :) Feel free to add me :)

Congrats on the wedding!!! How exciting!!! Sounds like you have a good plan!
  • jerseygirl227
    Options
    HI! I AM GOING TO INDIANA TO SEE MY SISTER THE END OF MAY AND WOULD LOVE TO BE DOWN AT LEAST 20LBS. I HAVENT SEEN HER IN A YEAR AND WANT TO LOOK NEW AND IMPROVED WHEN MAY ROLLS AROUND! I NEED A MOTIVATION BUDDY! MY ULTIMATE GOAL IS TO LOSE 60LBS AT LEAST!

Thanks for posting! Sounds like you have a good goal! Nothing like a trip to motivate us to lose weight, huh? :)
  • bridgegetsfit
    bridgegetsfit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I signed up for s Spartan race in june and I've maid progress to become more fit but I dont think Im ready for it so for the next few months Im really going to step it up.
  • jerseygirl227
    Options
    I signed up for s Spartan race in june and I've maid progress to become more fit but I dont think Im ready for it so for the next few months Im really going to step it up.

What's a Spartan race? How far is it?

I did a half marathon in 2008 and it kicked my butt. Definitely wasn't full prepared, but I did finish. It is still one of my greatest accomplishments.
  • jerseygirl227
    Options
    So, how is everyone doing today?
  • bridgegetsfit
    bridgegetsfit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    A spartan race is an obstacle course race. Im doing a Sprint which is 3+ miles and 15 obstacles
  • jerseygirl227
    Options
    A spartan race is an obstacle course race. Im doing a Sprint which is 3+ miles and 15 obstacles

Sounds like a good challenge! The obstacles would worry me.

I am signed up for a 4.2 mile at the end of April. Am actually looking forward to it. :)
  • JRauenzahn
    JRauenzahn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I want to be in ONEderland in 3 months! Started at 258 and down to 227 -over half way there (Yes I started before I joined myfitnesspal)

Started when I found I was diabetic - I also want to be off meds in 3 months