Study Eating

Options
Hi everyone, I am Tracey and I have about 2 stone to lose. Most of it gained by studying, I get hungry when I study! I finish my degree in May and when I go to my graduation I dont want to look huge in the photos!! The problem is when I start I get hungry and end up opening a pack of biscuits and keep going til I finish. So until I finish I have got to be sensible. So joining this I hope to get some support and a little encouragement (which of course I will return). I dont think my family realise how determined I am to do this!

Anyway this is me - any ideas on the study eating I would be so grateful!! :smile:

Replies

• Lowestsalary
    Options
    Hello and Welcome. One key thing would be to plan ahead. Meal prep. You know your going to study. You know you are going to get Hungry. Pack your self some good for you snacks. A sandwich on wheat. Apple Slices. Oatmeal and Fruit. Its alot better than allowing the hunger to dictate what you eat because you are hungry.
  • freckles753
    Options
    Thanks for the advice think I will prepare before I start. And thanks for the welcome :smile:
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Get a hot air popcorn popper! It's my absolute new best friend- it's amazing how much popcorn you can have for the same amount of calories in just 2 cookies :)
  • atinystorminyourteacup
    Options
    My biggest thing -- as I've been in that boat before -- is that I don't have the sweets and temptations that are easily eaten away around. I also will chew gum or drink water and have that readily at my side instead of things to nibble on.
  • lorocks61
    lorocks61 Posts: 15
    Options
    baby carrots. i used to eat a large bag of chips on the drive home to de-stress. realized i was killing myself with weight gain and all the stuff that comes w/ high fat,carb sugar food. I replaced with either apple slices or carrots sprinkled w/a little spice. i still get my crunch w/out feeling like an overstuffed out of control person. also drink water.:smile:
  • fitandworking
    fitandworking Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats on your pending graduation! I graduated last May and was trying to lose weight towards the end of my schooling but since I had a ton of weight to lose I still looked huge in my graduation pics lol. Anyway what helped me was actually eating a full meal before studying. It helps not eating needlessly. Also having a diet drink or better yet having water around helps, because it gives you something else to do or taste without added calories. Same goes with having gum. Generally in situations like studying or watching tv, it's more habitual than hunger and when you aren't paying attention to the fact that you are eating, it's easier to loose track of how much you're eating. That's probably what caused the weight gain in the first place. I hope that helps!
  • happyrelation
    Options
    Young adults are already in a category that lose weight a lot faster than say someone who is 45.
    I am 40 and found P90X and Insanity worked well..very well. Bill Phillips Body for Life worked very well years ago.
    And I wanted something that was easier on my body, didn't take as much time, and I didn't have to think about what my next meal was going to be.
    I researched and found two that my full criteria. I know there are more out there...
    First I found one that is great for men and women at http://buildthemuscle.net.
    And the one I decided to do because it has a great support system of women doing the program and finished the program, just for women, and simply laid out and guaranteed and I found it at http://inshapenow.net.
    I'm losing on average 1 1/2 pounds a week.
    I think one of the keys to success is setting yourself up for success. Find a plan that is realistic to your lifestyle so you aren't cheating or angry at yourself for missing a workout or a meal.

To your lifestyle change!