Following 1200 calories but gaining

Options
When initially started I lost 7 lbs within the first two weeks but now it seems I am gaining like .2 pounds. I know your not supposed to weigh yourself everyday but it has become quite addicting. I am currently ranging between 147 lbs and 149 lbs my goal would be to get into the 130's. When my husband left me my lowest was around 115 and I know that is totally unobtainable. I am 5.5 1/2 and I have poly cystic ovaries which doesn't help with the battle of weight loss. I am very active I work two jobs one as an MA and one as a short order cook. I've been trying to burn off my extra calories every night by walking on the treadmill to be at exactly 1200 calories or slightly under. I know I should increase my water as I am addicted to Turkey Hill diet ice tea. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but I would appreciate some advise.

Replies

• shannonw0816
    shannonw0816 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You could be under eating. If you are that active I would say your calories for the day should be a bit higher than 1200.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    If you open up your diary we could give advice
  • humptydumpty40
    Options
    medications? or any problems with thyroid?
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more. Same thing happened to me, so I increased calories and the loss started...
  • laurenm706
    laurenm706 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is way too low for you to lose weight. It should be around 1550 - 1600.
  • Nightman1
    Nightman1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1200 isn't enough in my opinion, stay under 2000 but don't under eat to the point of having that major binge eat day.
  • barneym2000
    Options
    What's your "BMI" (body mass index), has that changed? How are your clothes fitting, if they are looser then you're losing body fat. My guess is the first 7lbs. was water... now you should be building muscle, which weighs more. And I would ditch the "diet ice tea" and replace it with "cold brew ice tea" and Stevia, cause processed sugar substitutes are killing your kidneys( even cockroaches won't eat that stuff). Being "addicted to diet ice tea" tells me you're probably dehydrated. Eat a healthy diet and.....stop fretting over .2 lbs.
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    That is not enough calories. Have you thought of getting a fitbit? I know I was under eating until I got my fitbit so now I don't have to "guess" how many calories I'm burning per day-Now I know and I can adjust my calories for my goals. Best wishes on your journey.:bigsmile:
  • HappinessFreedomForever
    Options
    I have PCOS too, and Metformin should help regulate your insulin levels so as to get adequate energy from the foods you consume. I am glad you are doing this for yourself! You can do this; just keep eating healthy and working out.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    When initially started I lost 7 lbs within the first two weeks but now it seems I am gaining like .2 pounds. I know your not supposed to weigh yourself everyday but it has become quite addicting. I am currently ranging between 147 lbs and 149 lbs my goal would be to get into the 130's. When my husband left me my lowest was around 115 and I know that is totally unobtainable. I am 5.5 1/2 and I have poly cystic ovaries which doesn't help with the battle of weight loss. I am very active I work two jobs one as an MA and one as a short order cook. I've been trying to burn off my extra calories every night by walking on the treadmill to be at exactly 1200 calories or slightly under. I know I should increase my water as I am addicted to Turkey Hill diet ice tea. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but I would appreciate some advise.

PCOS, Insulin resistance and Metabolic syndrome it is not that much about the amount of calories that your eating, but the foods that your eating.

When you were diagnosed, you should have been told that you have to moderate your carb intake for life.

Your Endocrine and Metabolic systems are broken.