can anyone suggest good hunger/craving suppressants?

Options
i often find myself craving things all the time, no matter how much i eat. i was wondering if anyone can suggest any good ways to either distract myself from these cravings or to completely suppress them.
im not looking for foods that will fill me up btw. im just looking for ways to avoid eating completely at times when i know i shouldn't.

Replies

• rissatheninja
    rissatheninja Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I drink water, lots and lots of water. I was a really bad "bored" eater, especially at work. Now I just drink a lot of water before, with, and after I eat and don't over eat. And when I'm bored. Best part is that water has 0 calories haha
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    workout, that usually suppresses my appetite for a while
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Let me know when you find it.
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Drink water, eat low cal foods, like celery, pickles...
    I can do a green salad with lemon juice, too.
    Sometimes, I just need to chew, so gum helps.
    If you stay constantly hungry over time, you may need to adjust yr calories to a higher level to satisfy your body.
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Advocare Max C
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Well there's cravings and then there is hunger. First you have to ask yourself which one it is. If its cravings, you just gotta learn and tough it out. Sometimes I eat something else that I like, something healthier, just to supress the craving of the usually unhealthy thing I want. If its hunger, I would recommend eating. If you are already over your calorie goals for the day, take a step back, look at what you are eating and make some adjustments. If you know you are bound to get hungry later in the evening, eat something lighter, yet filling at dinner, that will leave room for a snack at night. :)
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I know my problem with craving food is, the moment I put even the smallest bit of food in my mouth, I want to firebomb the entire fridge. Best thing to do is either: A)resist it, or B) drink some water.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Food. Seriously. I agree with learning to identify whether it's true hunger or not, but being overly restrictive tends to lead us to failure.
  • running_tall
    running_tall Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    gum. sugar free.
  • unbalanced1
    unbalanced1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's not for everyone, but kale seems to keep me satisfied longer than most foods. I will have 2 cups in a salad for lunch and it seems to cut down on my after dinner cravings.
  • HappinessFreedomForever
    Options
    Eating whole grains and nuts helps keep you stay fuller for longer. More fiber and protein plus healthy fats is the way to go!
  • seamonster1203
    seamonster1203 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    With all cravings, when the thought first enters your mind, you got about 1/2 second to replace it with another thought. If you entertain it, you'll have a harder time resisting it.
  • Nickih4619093
    Nickih4619093 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Protein foods, I had tuna for breakfast (weird I know) and a smoothie with protein powder for lunch, and I was still full by dinner time. Had to make myself have a salad :)
  • ekd23
    ekd23 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit essential oil can help...or SlimNSassy oils by doTERRA. (it's a blend of all natural essential oils) Not a "magic pill" but it will help with the cravings and grapefruit helps boost metabolism and burn fat. Feel free to message me.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    First thing is, are you eating enough?
    Are the macros satisfying to you (For example, I personally need higher protein to feel satisfied).
    Are you drinking enough water, have you tracked it to make sure?
    I have used hoodia herb with really good success. It makes me feel satisfied all the way to the next meal.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    No. Drink water. Eat healthy snacks throughout the day. Pills and gimmicks are not the answer.
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I think a cup of green tea is said to help. I keep meaning to buy some and try it.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I have awful cravings when my blood sugar is out of control.
    Limiting my sugars (excluding fruit) keeps my cravings in check.

Fruit fulfill my sweet cravings now :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat food when I am hungry. *shrug* :ohwell:
  • terrainstar
    terrainstar Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Avoid all sugars, especially white sugar and take one chromium polynicotinate 200 mcg in the morning. Of course please check with your doctor before including it in your plan. It works very well for me.