can anyone suggest good hunger/craving suppressants?

Options

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit essential oil can help...or SlimNSassy oils by doTERRA. (it's a blend of all natural essential oils) Not a "magic pill" but it will help with the cravings and grapefruit helps boost metabolism and burn fat. Feel free to message me.

I'm sorry, but there is no scientific evidence that grapefruit boosts metabolism or burns fat. But I do love grapefruit as part of a healthy diet. It's full of nutrients.
  • everoha
    everoha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Gymnema – 1 tablet 3 times per day or 2 tablets twice per day

I have craved sugar and baked goods all my life. Only recently have I discovered Gymnema, available at health food stores.
    It's an herb from India. It has made a fairly significant difference in my life. Good Luck
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Cravings can be emotional or physical. I am guessing that most are usually emotional.

I would think about WHAT you are hoping the food is going to do for you. Are you bored, tired, stressed, lonely, frustrated, angry? Food does not have the ability to meet your emotional needs even though people attempt to do just that all the time. I think this is because food feels good in the moment. But if you really think about it, has food ever made those unpleasant feelings go away? Not really!
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Water and sugar free gum work for me... or just practice self denial. That's usually what it boils down to.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Find out your tdee. Eat at a 20% deficit if you are trying to lose.
    Eat a balanced diet.
    Get adequate protein, carbs, fats, fiber.
    Drink adequate water.
    Get some exercise.
    You don't need pills you just need to eat enough, fit your macros.
  • jcim1ru
    jcim1ru Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    1000mg of Glutamine or L-Glutamine twice a day is a great way to overcome sugar cravings.

For general hunger cravings I use H2Orange. This is a 1:7 ratio of not-from concentrate OJ to water. I drink 2 quarts a day, spread throughout my day. It keeps my blood sugar level very even and cuts cravings more than I ever felt possible.

I got these tools from the Naturally Slim program and my husband and I both have noticed such a difference with their help.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I go and have a bath or go to bed.
  • housemouse1957
    Options
    You need to eat food that slow released energy like porridge for breakfasts, whole meal bread brown rice and pasta, These foods will help fill you up so you don't crave. If you drink water in between meals it will be a guide as to are you hungry or just thirsty and you need a drink, because you loose a lot of fluids when changing your eating habits. Good luck
  • Tamera91
    Tamera91 Posts: 9
    Options
    They say weight training is supposed to suppress hunger for up to two hours? Otherwise I've been trying my own version of the master cleanse to suppress hunger, which is basically tea with lemon and cayenne pepper. It helps sometimes
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I eat food. Tonight I was craving Samoas, now I'm eating Samoas.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    fugi apples
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Micro nutrient deficiencies can lead to hunger. A, D, K2, and magnesium are a good start.
  • Radmomdo91
    Radmomdo91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Cucumber and lime slices work for me find them refreshing and filling
  • ashleysarvi
    Options
    Drink water, clean or do crafts. I have the same problem sometimes I just want to munch even though I know Im not hungry. Also I sometimes just want to taste certain foods. So i try to keep myself busy or I chug water then im too full to fit anything else in there.
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Water and tea help fulfill my "I need something in my mouth" cravings. If it's a matter of not staying full long enough, increasing the amount of fiber in your diet can be very helpful.
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken anything otc that worked, and I'm trying to go it without a prescription this time. Weird as it sounds, I'm having luck using this site to input all my meals for the day ahead of time in the morning. Then its telling myself its already locked in throught the day to keep from snacking.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    walking and mint.
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    fiber with tons of water!
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I took A.C.E. daily for the first few months. It's a SABA product. About $1 per pill, and it helps give you energy and suppress your appetite.
  • D_T_H
    D_T_H Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i started the leptin diet a month ago after 3 days i no longer craved sugary foods have had no chocolate or pop since cravings i have struggled with for years and i have so much more energy the diet is not for everyone though