Why am I always so hungry?

Options
2»

Replies

• writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I agree with what others have said about too much sugar and too many carbs could be making you feel hungry all the time. I love cereal, but I stopped eating it for breakfast because I was hungry long before lunch because most cereals have so little protein. Kashi makes some cereals that have 9g or more of protein per serving. I've been eating a half serving of their Toasted Berry Crumble mixed with a cup of low fat Greek yogurt for breakfast, and it really keeps me full and has over 20g of protein.

Think about how you can try to get in more protein. Hummus, beans, lentils, homemade veggie dip made with Greek yogurt and whatever herbs and spices you like, and quinoa can be great vegetarian protein sources. Instead of having a pizza with a thicker crust, have some thin crust pizza and on the side have a salad that you add some beans or chickpeas to.

You might try to swap out some of the granola and candy bars with protein bars. Check your labels, since some can be loaded with sugar. I really like Power Crunch bars. They're low in sugar and have 14g of protein. Even better, they taste great--they're like wafer cookies with frosting. The peanut butter fudge flavor is my favorite.

I agree with the poster who said it might not be a bad idea to visit your doctor. Intense hunger and thirst can be a sign of diabetes.
  • cinnabear22
    cinnabear22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I do drink a ton of water, I used to be heavy on Coke Zero but the caffeine started Taking a toll. I have a 32oz tumbler that I fill up at least 10 times at work, I'm always very cold but have always been that way, I'm a person that enjoys 110° weather. I drink a lot because I'm thirsty but also I eat a ton of fiber and water helps with that as well. It also keeps some of my hungry away. The cereals that I eat are always high fiber and protein cereals, I don't like eggs but the vegetarian burgers are high always high in protein. I don't always eat at the exact time a day but out seems like most of my hungry comes late afternoon our evening.. It would be after my runs. Granted on the weekend when I don't always exercise I don't think I'm really hungry as much as bored and want to eat, which I understand. But during my workweek I'm confused.
  • cinnabear22
    cinnabear22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Update for today, added Mixed nuts to everything and I wasn't insanely hungry. I Even stayed under! Thanx guys!