Indulging during the Holiday Season!

Options
First snowfall today where I'm from and I picked up a tub of limited edition ice cream in Santa's Milk and Cookies flavour! Ahhh haha
It's not going to be easy fitting it into my daily limits unless I'm burning some extra cals :P Definitely good motivation for me to keep exercising!

Who else is treating themselves to some sinfully yummy foods this holiday season?

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    My mom and I are both on here & when I got home for the holidays we are giving ourself December 24th-26th to indulge, and that's it!
  • howardrw
    howardrw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I also plan to enjoy the holidays by eating what I want on Christmas day.

I know that for some people it would be tough to get off the diet plan, but since I have been on my diet plan, I usually take time off from it when I go on vacations and during various holidays and birthdays. But I make sure that I continue to workout during my breaks. Now that is something that stays the same for me.

Enjoy the holidays everyone......
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    Its been very hard for me the past week as we get into the Christmas season and a million birthday and Christmas parties! I am not good with holding back on all those goodies, lol, but I have been trying to limit myself! I will not count calories on the 24th or 25th though, those are our big celebration days for Christmas!
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    No counting calories for me the 23-25th, but I will exercise. I did the same at Thanksgiving, and still passed on pecan pie (favorite), so everything in moderation. It's one weekend out of the year, I'll do just fine. I only get some of these treats once a year so why not enjoy them. I just don't have to overindulge. Merry Christmas everyone!!
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    I know that I'll indulge from December 24th till January 1st.

I try to cut portions, try to not eat heaps, but I will definitely NOT pass on anything.
    I also try to get in some extra workouts, so damage won't be as bad as without.
    I even try to log everything, but that will be difficult, as I cannot weigh everything or do not know how to log the foods I do not prepare myself.

Since I started in August, I knew that this would be a week off (just like any holiday away from home has been and will be), and already in advance I prepare morally not to regret anything. I know and am prepared to put on weight during that time, and have a fresh start on January 3rd, when the first week in the New year starts.

That's the reason why I have one minigoal set on December 24th, and not on New Year's Day ;-)

MM
  • mc1217
    mc1217 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    this is always such a hard time for me...

12/17- my bday
    12/24-12/25- xmas eve & xmas
    12/29- mom's bday
    1/3- sisters' bdays

...in conclusion, LOTS of going out & LOTS of eating (holiday food + birthday cake haha)! i'm trying to mentally prepare myself that there is a very high chance i will not lose weight (weekly, like i have been getting used to) during this time period, but i'm gonna try my best to maintain my weight through exercise!

i'm "taking off" on my bday & xmas day (as i like to say when referring to a day that i'll allow myself to eat & drank ANYTHING. been dieting/exercising since 9/14 & have had 2 days like this thus far). now, this is the 1st goal... whether or not i'll be able to swing it, i dunno... goal #2/back up goal is to take off on my bday, xmas eve, & xmas... but im really gonna try hard not to mess up on the other days! i don't want to undo all my hard work :\ but man, it's gonna be hard... my mom can bake some really great cookies, & usually she only does so during xmas time!

good luck to you during the next few weeks!

....crap, i just remembered new years eve as well!!! ughhhh! lol
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Who else is treating themselves to some sinfully yummy foods this holiday season?

:blushing: :laugh: (raising hand) - ME!
    I love food too much to ever 'ban' foods, so I will probably try to step up the exercise and just make sure I'm not eating huge amounts of the fun foods too often! It's easier for me to 'allow' myself to indulge now and then - otherwise I'd be un-healthily obsessed!!! <== That's just me, though. Props to the MFPers w/ more willpower!