Morbidly Obese. N

Options
2»

Replies

• MissLCWolff
    MissLCWolff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You've got an obese friend in me! I've been on MFP for two weeks (this time around--was on here years before but gave up almost immediately) and just today dropped from class 3 to class 2 obesity. Still got ~60 pounds to go before I drop down to "overweight". Don't give up!
  • TracieLynne57
    Options
    There are many of us. I too am morbidly Obese. I am 57 and although disgusted with myself and how I have allowed myself to get more and more out of control each year, I choose NOT to call myself MORBID. That is a doctor and skinny person word. I have been where you are but, you have age on your side. Choose now to say I am moving forward and not going to continue to have so much disregard for myself. I am going to take care of myself first. I am beautiful and I matter. I don't have that many years left to do some things that would be a whole lot more fun if I could move. My husband is slim and Bless his heart. I can not keep up. He has to walk slow for me. When we travel, I don't fit in airline seats. He is always afraid I will fall. It is not any way to live and I am done with it. Let's all do it together.:wink:
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    That's a damn good attitude to have. Keep it up!
  • luztrella
    luztrella Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you on your journey...
  • angelasfree1
    angelasfree1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm Angela, I'm 43, from Reading in England.
    I've been on and off MFP for the past year or more but from today there has to be no more faffing about. Yesterday, I went to the doctors for my diabetic review (type 2 diabetes). (I was diagnosed 3 years ago.) I've been taking 2 metformin in the morning, 3 in the evening, and 1 10mg statin. Yesterday, I have been given a new prescription for 2 metformin and 1 new diabetes tablet in the morning (I can't remember what it's called), 3 metformin in the evening plus 1 new blood pressure tablet (rimi-something-or-other), and my statin has been doubled to 20mg. This wasn't the way forward I had planned! The doctor wasn't going to give me the new diabetes at first and was trying to persuade me to use an injection (not insulin, something beginning with v) but I flatly refused. I do not want to inject myself every day. Or ever. So the buck stops here!
    Let's do this together! Little steps, day by day, and we will get there! I'll send you a friend request :)
    And if anybody reads this and wants to join forces please, please send me a friend request! I will try to motivate everybody on our bad days!