Starting over FOR THE LAST TIME

Options
I am 57 years old and have been overweight for more years than I have not. I was able to get away with being the way I am for many years, but suddenly it caught up to me and I have now spent many years trying MANY things bringing me to this point. I am 164 lbs overweight. In the last two years I have developed type 2 Diabetes. I am on pills for that, for high blood pressure, for depression (oh gee wonder why) and High Cholesterol. Ridiculous and every pill they give you causes you to need another. Two years ago I was fine....FAT but fine, at least from a health perspective. I was though, a ticking time bomb. All that said to say this. I am starting over and I need as many people as possible to keep me accountable. Please add me and feel free to kick my butt. I can't afford any more time wasted. I ordered an exercise program, new shoes, and started a specific eating plan today. God Bless us all in this endeavor.

Replies

• LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you .... you sound very positive, I am sure you can achieve your goals. Take small sensible steps, every little bit helps.

I found a Fitbit makes a huge difference to me ... just knowing I can get to my daily step goal, and sometimes exceed it, encourages me to keep on.

This is my last time too .... I did manage to lose 16kg a couple of years ago; but put most of it back. So now I'm back full of determination. Life style changes .... not dieting.

If you have a bad day, don't give up. Pick yourself up and carry on. Looking at the week as a whole helps me; so if I miss my calorie goal or exercise target one day, I can make it up the next. As long as my overall week looks good.

Buon Fortuna! :flowerforyou:
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Tracie, there i a great group right here for you. It's simply called Women ages 50+/ Right now it has March in the title but that changes prety quickly and it will say March part 2 and then part 3. We are a chatty group. We just all talk about our lives and how we can help each other. We rejoice, add support when needed, give advice. There is so much more to losing weight than just the diet. It involves your whole life and boy do we enjoy talking about our lives. No, we aren't tattle tales. No one complains about another person at all. We are all supportive. If some one has a different approach to this weight loss journey then we encourage them on with it. . Find us in the forums and once you post you have joined!!! Hope to see you there. Joyce