Fat is your friend.

Options
nikkihk
nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
I know right? It sounds so damn crazy I might just be true? And it is.

First off, it's no longer 1993. Let go of your low fat fad diet that you swear will cause your body to drop pounds faster because you're not supplying it anything to pack more pounds on. If no one dropped the memo on your desk yet? You body NEEDS fat. It's good for your brain, provides you energy, and contains nutrients that are AWESOME for cellular health. Many foods you believe to be "fat free" contain traces of it, even fruit. I mean I'm sorry to rain on anyone's fruit and veggie parade? But those evil fats are EVERYWHERE.

Second, don;t you think there is a reason our bodies store that lovely lumpy supply of warmth? When it thinks you will lack a supply of it to keep your cells healthy and your insides toasty.. all of that carbohydrate and sugar loaded food you've replaced the fat with will get turned in to...... FAT. So unless you are in a calorie deficit, the foods you've chosen to rob all of the lovely rich taste from just work against you anyway, not to mention... unless you've confined yourself to ridiculously high sodium fat free slice of pseudo meat? You're also depriving yourself of the protein you NEED to build that amazing fat burning muscle that works while you sleep to keep you SEXY.

And finally... there are much worse things then fat you should be paying attention to, as mentioned above.....Sodium? When you replace natural flavors they are often substituted with far more sodium then is ever necessary in food. Don't get me wrong, we need salt too? But not enough to pickle or insides. And increased Sugars? They are also not BAD per say, but if you are worried about gaining weight from fat? Sugar will do that same thing without the nutrient benefits... and between that and other chemicals that replace what fat does for taste? You're just better off eating the fat.

SO in conclusion.. Stop being silly, just eat normal foods the way they were intended to be eaten. Stop obsessing over fat free, low carb, no carb, gluten (unless you have a medical condition), fruit only, no fruit, no white, only green... etc etc etc. Learn to eat for life not for a few months. Watch your cals, your macros, and stop making yourself crazy!!!

Live long, eat great, and enjoy life!

Replies

• SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Here, here!
  • Mauthos
    Mauthos Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more, great post!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Amen! Just made bierock filling (ground beef, cabbage & onion) with half a stick of butter to put in low carb egg crepes.

I love high fat/high protein/low carb, been eating this way for six months and I've never felt better. Any time I say to hell with it and eat something high carb I feel like absolute crap!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Butter - the natural way to cook carrots. :smile:
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I agree that fat is awesome. Keeps me full! But I think that the amount of sodium/sugar in low fat foods is negligible (unless you have a medical condition).
  • tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    In for the awesomeness of truth
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Pass the butter!
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Very true.. I make my own compound butter with; roasted garlic,onions and jalapenos and duck fat. That is what I cook my eggs with. Even if it were bad, I wouldn't give that up.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    In the year 2035 will we look back and say "it's no longer 2014"?
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Here, here!

"Hear, Hear!" <
    Fixed it for you ;-)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Fat good. Sodium and sugar bad. Got it.
    tumblr_n17fpt08Co1sj3oxho1_250.gif
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Here, here!

"Hear, Hear!" <
    Fixed it for you ;-)

There, there.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    The title of this thread is the only part of this thread that is true.

For one thing, the fat that your body creates out of excess calories is completely different from the dietary fatty acids you eat. Your body doesn't create dietary fat to store for later. Dietary fatty acids are necessary for many bodily functions, stored fat can't be used for any of them.

Sugar and sodium aren't bad.

Fat isn't bad.

Eat in a calorie deficit to lose fat.

The end.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Here, here!

"Hear, Hear!" <
    Fixed it for you ;-)

There, there.

Their, There, They're <
    FIFY! :laugh:
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    The title of this thread is the only part of this thread that is true.

For one thing, the fat that your body creates out of excess calories is completely different from the dietary fatty acids you eat. Your body doesn't create dietary fat to store for later. Dietary fatty acids are necessary for many bodily functions, stored fat can't be used for any of them.

Sugar and sodium aren't bad.

Fat isn't bad.

Eat in a calorie deficit to lose fat.

The end.

In your world the end.

Now move along and let the rest of us discuss. :smile:
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    SO in conclusion.. Stop being silly, just eat normal foods the way they were intended to be eaten. Stop obsessing over fat free, low carb, no carb, gluten (unless you have a medical condition), fruit only, no fruit, no white, only green... etc etc etc. Learn to eat for life not for a few months. Watch your cals, your macros, and stop making yourself crazy!!!

QFT!
  • fitandfortyish
    fitandfortyish Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Me too! Low carb, high protein high fat and I feel great, have a tonne of energy and low body fat ratio (19%).
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Second, don;t you think there is a reason our bodies store that lovely lumpy supply of warmth? When it thinks you will lack a supply of it to keep your cells healthy and your insides toasty.. all of that carbohydrate and sugar loaded food you've replaced the fat with will get turned in to...... FAT. So unless you are in a calorie deficit, the foods you've chosen to rob all of the lovely rich taste from just work against you anyway, not to mention... unless you've confined yourself to ridiculously high sodium fat free slice of pseudo meat? You're also depriving yourself of the protein you NEED to build that amazing fat burning muscle that works while you sleep to keep you SEXY.

And finally... there are much worse things then fat you should be paying attention to, as mentioned above.....Sodium? When you replace natural flavors they are often substituted with far more sodium then is ever necessary in food. Don't get me wrong, we need salt too? But not enough to pickle or insides. And increased Sugars? They are also not BAD per say, but if you are worried about gaining weight from fat? Sugar will do that same thing without the nutrient benefits... and between that and other chemicals that replace what fat does for taste? You're just better off eating the fat.

Sounds legit
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I totally needed to read this this morning!
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Love it! Can someone pass the butter?