New to here and want to turn my life around!

Options
Hi

I'm new here and new to exercise in general. I always had a poor diet and ate junk but never got too overweight, but then in my late 30s it caught up with me! I'm 40 now, have 3 kids, need to lose about 20lbs and really really have to address my lifestyle and health.

I'm following the work out from Slim in 6, but doing my own diet. I've switched to a vegetarian diet (any other vegetarians out there?) and cut out all obvious junk - fried food, biscuits, cakes, ice cream, sodas, squashes, crisps etc. I'm really focusing on getting healthy with natural wholefoods foods and not supplements or juicing/shakes. I try to get an hour long walk in to most days also.

I hope to make new friends here and keep each other motivated. I really want this to be a new me, please help me stick with it!

Replies

• claytontraviswalker
    Options
    Hey , I just started here too, well I was here before & didn't stick with it . Now I want to get serious about this weight loss goal of mine. I want to lose about 30-35 pounds. But I think that it is motivating to have help along the way, so If you want you can add me as a friend, I'm Travis by the way.
  • FemmeFire
    FemmeFire Posts: 49
    Options
    Feel free to add me. You can also follow me on FB: facebook.com/femmefire. I post motivational and nutritional ideas everyday.
    Renee
  • AnnM2014
    AnnM2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hiya - I'm on this site for a wee bit and find it great for educating what exactly you are eating- I've always done weight watchers diet but never actually knew how many calories - nutrients I was consuming - this app is a real wake up call - I'm not vegetarian but the secret is not to starve yourself. Best of lluck - and have sent a friend request:smile: